cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error coneccting PowerCenter with SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m trying to connect Informatica PowerCenter Designer (v. 8.1) with SAP BW but Iu2019m not sure about the exactly definition for u201Csaprfc.iniu201D file.

When Iu2019m trying to perform a Metadata Import from SAP the error message showed bellow was displayed.

• ****************************************************************************

===> Connect Failed.

Error in RFC Program.

key=RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM

messageSAP Extraction Version could not be verified

• ****************************************************************************

The structure of saprfc.ini file is:

/===/

/* Type R: Register a RFC server program at a SAP gateway */

/* or connect to an already registered RFC server program */

/* The PowerCenter Integration Server for BW uses */

/* this information */

/===/

DEST=<destination in RfcAccept>

TYPE=<R: Register at SAP gateway>

PROGID=<program-ID, optional; default: destination>

GWHOST=<host name of the SAP gateway>

GWSERV=<service name of the SAP gateway>

/===/

/* Type A: R/3 system - specific application server */

/* The PowerCenter server writer process uses */

/* this information */

/===/

DESTTYPE=A

ASHOSTSYSNR

Anybody can give me some idea or explain me how exactly I must configure saprfc.ini file or what that error means?

Iu2019ll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Melvin.

this question is from

http://datawarehouse.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/informatica-l/error-coneccting-powerc...

I just happened to have this problem,pls someone who did this work help me, I appreciate !

BestRegards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just resolved this question, I used pwc86 instead of pwc8.1.1,and it successed.

As I know, there are much possible lead to this error because of there were lack of some SAP_RFC_libraries, which you can download from informatica website.

quote:

Installing the SAP RFC SDK LibrariesYou need to download and install the SAP RFC SDK libraries for the PowerCenter Client and the operating system that hosts the Integration Service process when you configure PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver BI.Before you download the SAP RFC SDK libraries, obtain a my.informatica.com user name and password to access the Informatica FTP site.Note:If you completed this task when you configured PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver, you can skip this task.To download and install the SAP RFC SDK libraries:

1.Go to the following FTP site:

ftp://tsftp.informatica.com/

2.Enter a user name and password.

3.Navigate to the following directory:

updates/PowerExchange_SAP/SAP_RFC/

4.Open the folder for the current version of PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver BI.

5.Open the folder for the operating system that hosts the Integration Service process.

6.Copy the files from the folder to <PowerCenter Installation Directory>\server\bin.

7.On the FTP site, open the Win32 folder.

8.Copy the files from the folder to <PowerCenter Installation Directory>\client\bin.

9.Set the following permissions for each RFC SDK library:

Read, write, and execute permissions for the current user

Read and execute permissions for all other users

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the moment, a friend told me, I should upgrade my infa soft to sp5. But I don't know it will alright.

I will make a try. and I will tell you the result as soon as my success.