Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport from QA to PROD

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions in the context of Transports.

1) In QA if i have 1000 records and When you transport an a2a file from QA to PROD will the prod system consist of DATA which is in QA with valdiations/assign/WF ??If so how to just transport replica of repository EXCLUDING data ??

2) My Production MDM server is Up and running with its daily activities.

We have recently included a new validation, which was tested successfully in QA.

Now how can i transport just the validation from QA to PROD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

If so how to just transport replica of repository EXCLUDING data ??

Connect to Repository through Console>Right click on Repository>Archive Repository>when a pop up window comes with Archive MDM Repository>Click on Options button-->Another Pop-up window will come with Archive option, change the Radio button from Normal to Schema Only. So using Archive option too, you have option to have Archive with Schema only not data.

You can use Export/Import Schema option.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

"

If so how to just transport replica of repository EXCLUDING data ??

Connect to Repository through Console>Right click on Repository>Archive Repository>when a pop up window comes with Archive MDM Repository>Click on Options button-->Another Pop-up window will come with Archive option, change the Radio button from Normal to Schema Only. So using Archive option too, you have option to have Archive with Schema only not data.

"

If i use the above process 'Matching modes' and 'wf' cannot be transported !!!

How to get rid of it.

"

You can use Export/Import Schema option

"

If i use this process all the validations are exported, But if i wish to just transport a particulat validation then how to do it!!!

Please Help me in solving this issue.

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

If i use the above process 'Matching modes' and 'wf' cannot be transported !!! How to get rid of it.

As per my understanding if you use Archive Schema option. when you unarchive this .a2a file, you will have Matching mode as well as workflow in it. Everything in your repository except data(records).

If i use this process all the validations are exported, But if i wish to just transport a particulat validation then how to do it!!!

See Export/Import Schema option gives you option to transport particular validation.

Please refer the below file to understand it.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80fb6855-05e0-2b10-6094-92ff4fc58...

when you go for import Schema, this brings up a screen where you can see all the validations and other table/fields and as per your requirement you can reject/accept the validation changes. When finished, select button OK. In this way you can bring only particular changes as per your requirement not whole changes.

Note: If your mdm version is greater than and equal to 5.5 Sp6, you can transport validations.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As others have mentioned you can "archive without data" which will build an archive file that includes everything (including workflows, etc) besides the data that you loaded into the repository tables.

Another option is to use the schema export / import process. This will also transport all objects inside the repository without transporting the data.

If you want to transport one individual validation then you can create a transport reference and export the schema. When you go to import the schema you will be provided with a list to select which validations you want to import and which you would like to exclude. From this list you can simply select the individual validation that you want to import and exclude all of the other ones.

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ALL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Answer to your first question, you can use two ways:

1. You can use MDM export XML Schema functionality for transport. (check page no 192 of Console guide for more details)

2. you can also create a schema only archive file (.a2a file). This will not contain data from QA. To do so, select the "Schema only" while archiving. (check page no 187 of console guide for more details.

Please find below link for console reference guide.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/content.htm]

But i would suggest to go for first one because that is the actual transport mechanism. Second one is a kind of backup mechanism.

Answer to your second question,

You can use repository XML schema export and import method to transport new validation. while importing schema in the target repository, MDM allows you to select what changes to import and what changes to ignore..(check page no 192 of Console guide for more details)

- Shiv