cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crystal report X86 32 bit runtime for VS2010 uninstall and install bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I recently downloaded crystal report x86 32bit runtime redistributable package.It is really cool.

But i found one inconvenience when i tried to uninstall crystal report through Control panel and tried to reinstall one error message box appeared saying 'Cannot install product to C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\. This product is not compatible with the existing application. '

Hence i renamed old "C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\" directory with other name and reinstalled smoothly.

Amazingly there is no problem when try to reinstall by running crystal report x86 32bit runtime redistributable package it reinstalls and uninstalls smoothly.

I tested above thing on Windows 7 and XP Professional.

It will be really worth for such application to uninstall through control panel though alternative ways of getting it work are available.

I just wanted to inform you and expecting fix on this.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Little more details. What version did you try to uninstall? If it was Beta then.... It's beta so nothing to fix, beta's should not be used on production test machines.

Thank you

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The last link posted by you is same case i was talking about.

Though it is beta2 version definitely it will be better if uninstallation through control panel should be clean and safe.(sort of crystal clear).

Because at client side PC will have only .net framework installed if in any case they uninstall this product through control panel this inconvenience will definitely create doubt in their mind (look at the pop up message, it is quite contradictory)

So i was just suggesting if in next release/fix for crystal runtime this issue will be considered.

Thank you for providing such wonderful information.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I downloaded runtime setup using this SAP Community article.Reference Link: /people/blair.wheadon/blog/2010/07/29/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio-2010-beta-2-and-runtimes-now-available

I think nothing has been specified whether it is beta or not?

Thanks

Amit

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The heading of the blog itself mentions the version of Crystal Reports.

May be you want to try following for CRVS2010.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crystalreports-dotnet

Also take a look at

Thanks,

Saurabh