cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport changes to a DP MPOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to add a new characteristic to an MPOS in Dev client and transport it to Quality. The MPOS and planning area are now in Dev and Quality client only. It has not been transported to Production client yet.

I can deactivate the existing MPOS, add the new characteristic and then reactivate the MPOS in Dev client. How should I go ahead to transport this changed MPOS to Quality client and later to Production client?

Any ideas on this.

Thanks in advance

Ehsan Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ehsan,

Use the Transport connection.

/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, open your MPOS. Find the dependent planning area(s) (goto > Dependent Planning areas). Open the resulting planning areas. Then, Goto > Transport connection. Transport any planning areas that use your MPOS.

If you do this with a live production client, you should have a plan to protect the existing data in your production system. Just in case....

Best Regards,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on Dec 10, 2010 6:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your reply. The production client is not yet configured. We are not Live yet. Still in implementation stage. So there is no data risk involved. We can generate CVCs again and load data for testing purpose.

So I guess, transporting the dependent Planning Area from Dev to Quality will transport the changed MPOS as well and overwrite the MPOS in Quality.

Let me try it out.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transporting the dependent Planning Area from Dev to Quality does transport the changed MPOS as well and overwrites the MPOS in Quality.

However, after the transport, I need to ACTIVATE the MPOS in Quality to reflect the change in MPOS.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed

Answers (0)