Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product hierarchy conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query on product hierarchy.

We are using standard product hierarchy 3 level structure.

My structre is like below:

PHLevel 1 : SBU

PHLevel 2: Category

PHLevel 3 : Brand

I have PH3 as Brand 1 and Brand2 under PH2

so someone pls tell me what happens in sale order is created with PH3 material, when i maintain condition records for PH2 as 10%dis and for Brand1(PH3) as 5%

which condition record system will consider? is it 5% or 10% why?

Thanks in Advance

Srikky

Edited by: Srikky on Dec 10, 2010 3:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It purely depends on the sequence in which you have defined the condition tables. If the PH2 table is before the PH3 table, then obviously PH2 entries will be picked in the record and not PH3.

In case where there is one condition table with all the 3 levels and the data maintenance for these fields is maintained as Optional, then the rule of priority comes into picture.

In such case, when you assign the condition table to acc seq, you have to maintain the priority list for the optional fields of the condition tables in the access sequence. In this case, PH3 will have first priority, PH2 teh second and PH1 the last (more specific will have first priority than the less specific.

Now in this case PH3 if available in condition record, will be taken. If PH3 is not there , PH2 data will be used. If PH2 and PH3 are available, only PH3 data will be taken.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneetha,

Thanks for your reply....

In access though i maintain three tables for each level, But when i maintian condition records it showa only single table. So it is understood that for this case i have to maintain priorities in access sequence against tables.

But what happens when i create a sale order for the above said without maintaning priorities?

Best Regards,

Srikatnh.P