cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to by pass PI 7.0 SOAP adapter basic authentication ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client doesn't support basic authentication to call SAP PI 7.0 SOAP adapter. is there any way to include the username and password in the end point ?

http://server1:8000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID:CC_SOAP_SND_WSRFC_TEST&version=3.0&Sender.Service=INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID&Interface=https://abc.com/syn/rfctest^MI_WSRFC_SYN_OUT&sap-user=user1&sap-password=test

i have try above line but no success.

Please advise ?

Thank You in Advance

Fernand

Edited by: Fernad Lesmana on Dec 10, 2010 11:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernad,

check this out

From SAP Note 856597:

Q: I get an authorization error "401 Unauthorized" from the adapter's servlet. What went wrong?
           A: The adapter's servlet is protected by default. You must use one of the user names assigned in security role xi_adapter_soap_message for component XISOAPAdapter. Please consult the documentation for Visual Administrator to view and change the security setting.

The user authentication of the SOAP adapter is not part of the SOAP adapter but of the web container of the J2EE engine. The default authentication setting is defined in the web.xml descriptor file of the SOAP dapter web application. This setting may be modified from Visual Administrator with some restriction. Please refer to the security documentation for the J2EE engine.

Please note that 710 onwards there is no Visual Administrator instead the Netweaver Administrator is to be used to assign the roles to the user to access the SOAP adater servlet.The user must be assigned one of the following roles SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE, SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE. Assigning any one of these roles to the user provides necessary permissions for the user to access the SOAP adapter servlet.To assign these roles to the user, path in Netweaver Administrator is Operation Management -> Identity Management

Also, at the end of this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4502] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, Stefan Grube mentions the URL parameter that you are trying to use.

Best regards,

JN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jose.

I have followed Stefan Grube step to send direct to Interation Server in stead of SOAP Adapter. Since IS we can pass the username and password.

I have tried include the j_username and j_password for SOAP Adapter but no success. May be only applicable for PI 7.1

Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

These parameters work for me in PI 7.3 and HTTP_AAE adapter.

Best wishes!

Heiko

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

You have a few options here:

1. Include the username and password in the URL, and send the message directly to Integration Engine (these two always occur together) which changes the URL even more.

2. Disable the authentication for the whole adapter (not really advisable).

3. Add username and password to the request as HTTP Header.

All these options are discussed in more details in my blog here: .

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Grzegorz,

Can you tell me how to add username and password to the request as HTTP header. I am working on SOAP to RFC scenario and third part suppose to test it. A service user with read only access can be given to them for testing purpose but i was thinking is there any way in which we do not give them user details.

Thanks

Regards

Imran