Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise on CUA strategy

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to come out a CUA strategy for a ECC three system landscape (D,Q,P). As i understand the best practice is to have CUA master on each landscape, D, Q and P, but as far as i know this is helpful on complex environment, and the other advantage is testing and verification can be done.

Since we are using ECC component, what's the best strategy to setup CUA? should we have only single central CUA for for the entire ECC landscape?

Any feedback is mostly welcome.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

discussed already some times, for instance:

b.rgds, bernhard

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

There is no mandate that the CUA should setup in D,Q & P system seperately. However, it is advised to do so since the amount of change documents in the central system are more. Infact, if it one of the reason why most of the times the Central system is setup in D systems.

Further remember the following points:

1. What is your userbase?

2. How many clients will be participating in the CUA setup?

3. Amount of the changes done in a day (to consider whether to breakup the CUA or setup a single CUA landscape).

4. Roles that are assigned to the users? If there is a major change in the roles that you assign from D to P, then setting up individually is recommended.

5. Bandwidth - How well you can manage the setup.

Hope this clarifies!!

Best Regards,

Raghu

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

discussed already some times, for instance:

b.rgds, bernhard