cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 5.3 - New Install or CopyBack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

On my current project we have an existing AC 5.3 SP7 and we need to upgrade it to SP11 (not the latest SP 13 for various reasons which I won't go nto here).

So I have suggested that we create a new install of AC 5.3 SP7 copy the ruleset etc across via the import/export functionality of RAR and patch to SP11.

However, the Basis team want to use a "copyback" (which is apparently the standard way of creating/cloning a new system from an old one) followed by patching it to SP11.

Does anyone know of any issues about using the "copyback" to create a new AC 5.3 application? Should we do this? I have only ever been involved in build new installations of AC 5.3 and patching, so I do not know if teh "copyback" will work, as I am assuming that there will be issues with connectros etc.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon ,

I too never involved in this process , however if you think its the issue with connectors , don't worry ..when basis people take back up of DB , the table VIRSA_CC_SYSTEMC also be backed up , which stores the data of your system information.

Thanks & Regards

Uma Shankar Tekumudi

SAP GRC Consultant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

I am indeed, getting my hands dirty!!

Thanks for the advice, I guessed it wasn't going to be simple. That was why I suggested the new install process instead.

There will be plenty more questions in the next few months as we connect IDM to AC.

So you happend to know if the RIG/CAO have ever published anything on client copy vs. new install or if there is a sap note about this subject, as I seem to remember reading one once, but I can't find it anywhere.

Cheers

Simon

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Haven't seen anything either.

I did this for a client recently, and I did the copy configuration thing, which seemed easier to me. If you're feeling brave you can also edit the URLs in the config files directly.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Man, you've really been getting your hands dirty recently

You can of course do a client copy, but there are a few things to consider:

- you will need to change the URLs to the ones for the test system in

- Visual Admin (IGSURL)

- All web service URLs

- make sure you don't accidentally point connectors to productive systems. Copy vs. export configuration means you won't be able to delete the connectors, you will need to disable them.

- in CUP make sure all your approvers are aware of the test system, or better yet, replace them with test approvers.

- CUP roles should be test system only

All in all, if it's a live system cleaning up the non-DEV things may be quite some work...

Frank.