cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change functionality of VAC, BLC in WDP- Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I am working for Timesheet in ESS/MSS application. My requirements are as below.

1. Change messages (success/Error) that comes from FPM.

2. Change business logic in BLC

I don't know how to change these components and from where to get the source code to change. Please help me in this regard, as I am new to ESS/MSS.

Thanks for help in advance.

regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Working with custom ESS/MSS whith out using NWDI is not possible. This is because the sturcture of the DC and the normal WDP is completly different. Because ESS/MSS is not developed by single developer and is a team work it had woke with the DC,

Cookbook for configuring the NWDI system for ESS/MSS source code is available in marketplace.

Regards,

Sen

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

In order to customize ESS/MSS applications, first NWDI has to be configured. If that is in place you can create a Track and import the packages related to ESS/MSS application.

Basis guys can help you on that.

Once you have the packages, you can import the configuration on your NWDS and do the customizations.

However, as far as i know, if there is any updates in the packages by SAP, your customizations needs to be done again as it is not supported by SAP.

Refer [ESS/MSS Customization u2013 Make it Simple|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7177] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; blog to know more about the steps need to be done for the customization

Cheers

Abhinav

Edited by: Abhinav Sharma on Dec 10, 2010 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhinav,

I have already checked out / imported bespoke ESS track in NWDS. My requirement is to change FPM messages and BLC for already checked out ESS/MSS project.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

Messages & Texts are maintained in message pool of the component. You can change the message by changing the corresponding messagepool item.

For changing the text in english or any other language, change the code in corresponding XLF file.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak,

In our application we use FPM and call raisevent t ovalidate the data and display message.

fpm.raiseEvent( ...). I want to change the message that generates from raiseEvent.

Hope it helps to understand my requirement.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

if you want to change the message on any exception you can use below code to overwrite standard exception message and write your own message.

fpm.getMessageManager().raiseException();

Standard FPM messages may be maintained in component SAPPCUI_GP. which is used as used dc in your ess component and available as active components in the track.

Regards

Deepak