cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate & Configure SUM with HUM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Activate & Configure SUM with HUM ? Would you please let me know the steps cronologically ?

I am trying to recieve some Initial Stock 561 for a SUT CHECKED material , throwing the below error with LT01 .....What am i missing ?

Trying to test drive SUM with HUM as POC ...Plz help...

===============================================

Missing definitions for block storage control (P1 IP )

Message no. L3082

Diagnosis

Certain information on block storage control is missing in your system definition.

There is no definition for the sectioning of the storage bins in block storage according to storage bin type, storage unit type and block code.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator about this error. Note down the parameters in the error message and the situation that caused the error.

Regards

ABAP techie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the tips.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

Please configure it in T-code OMM4

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to test drive SUM with HUM, managed to configure & process the below docs w.r.t to a Outbound Delivery ( customer shipment) ....

.would any one be so kind & shed lights on the below doubts ??????

Document On Status

Standard Order 0000015646 10.12.2010 Completed -

Qty 501 m

Delivery 0080017116 10.12.2010 Completed ---Qty 501 m

Handling unit 0000002952 10.12.2010 ---Qty 500 m

WMS transfer order 0000000226 10.12.2010 Completed ---Qty 500 m

WMS transfer order 0000000227 13.12.2010 Completed ---1Qty m

GD goods issue:delvy 4900040256 13.12.2010 Complete

Invoice (F2) 0090038688 13.12.2010 FI doc. generated

Accounting document 1400000354 13.12.2010 Not cleared

1. Created a LT01/ TO for my OD, while confirming it generated HU , is this the right way to do?

Should i have created the HU for my OD ideally ? and that would have generated SU automatically ???

2. The HU# 0000002952 appearing in the Doc Flow of the OD, is diffrent from the actual HU# 112345670000005789??? i mean HU03 doesn't open that HU 0000002952 ???

HU 112345670000005789 corresponding to HU 0000002952 opens with HUMO / HU03 , why ?

3. HU considered Qty 500 m but missed Qty 1 m of total 501 M , why ? I had to creat another LT03/ TO for Qty 1 m against OD but didn't generate any HU for that Qty 1 m ....

4. Then finally PGIed the OD successfully

5. F2 invoice created for the Customer successfully

Is the above SUM -HUM process adhering to the ideal / best practise usual process steps??

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you have to understand the difference between SUN and HUN. Usually SUN is assigned to 1 quantity (1 :1) let's say if you manufacture a MTO item, which is expensive and have the unique properties, you can use SUN management. For this, you have to activate the following configurations.

SPRO > LE > WM > Storage Units > Master Data > Activate Storage Unit Management per Warehouse Number (For your warehouse Number)

SPRO > LE > WM > Storage Units > Master Data > Define Number Ranges

SPRO > LE > WM > Storage Units > Master Data > Define Storage Type Control (For your destination storage type)

Then, you have to look the material master WM view is SUN active

Finally you have to look OMM4 to make sure the strategies are defined properly.

Provided that your PP-WM interface or MM-WM interface is properly configured in OMLV for the receipting storage types (901 for Supplier GR & 902 for production GR) and the printer determination that prints your storage Unit labels.

The second part is, Let's say you are not activated HUM for Inbound deliveries and it is only activated for outbound deliveries, You have 3 option for your HUN management.

Basically you can use HUN managment for a group of materials packed together something like, 1 pack =10 qty can be assigned to one HU number.

(1) Manual HU determination - During Outbound delivery craetion

(2) Automatic HU determination - During Outbound delivery craetion

(3) External HU determination (Customized program) - During picking or outbound delivery creation.

This time your delivery involved for both MTO item ans MTS items, if one of the 3 options are activated, then you will have HUN number for all the items. If you look the delivery HU, the SUN is assigned in underneath. Here the assignment of SUN to HUN happening.

The third part is you activated HUM for Inbound deliveries, then when the time of receipting, you get HUN number assignment. During the outbound delivery creation the the

HU is called and assigned to SUN. This is the way HUN and SUN is working in WM scenarios.

Hope it helps.