cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding Mask on WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have problem with my level of Work Breakdown Structures Element...the problem is if i create Work Breakdown Structures element level 2 with 2 digit (example: N1-10-01.1.10), the system generate number like this: &0000000002. can anyone help me?? is it configuration problem?

Please help me

Mamarara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem should be with the config settings in OPSJ(Define Project Coding Mask).You must not have defined the sufficient alpha-numeric characters in the Coding Mask as a result of which the system is unable to derive the WBS code and is automatically creating a Code.

Check the same.But you must take care that the coding masks are not changed for the starting characters defined in the PrjID.For example if you have already created Project definitions starting with N then do not make the changes in the Config setting for N but test for other IDs for which Projects have not been created.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP Singh,

Our setting in OPSJ are correct, we are setting the three-digit (ex. A1-00-00.X.X.XXX). But why if we create WBS with 2 digit at level 3....always generate code like &000000000002 (XXX = level 3 --> should be: A1-11-01.1.1.010). Please your advice...

Regards,

Mamarara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mamarara

Can you please let us know what code you get at the second level?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

It is the coding mask : Ex. A1-00-00.X.X.XXX. When i create proj ID : A1-01-01, when create WBS level 1 : A1-10-01.1 , when create WBS level 2 : A1-10-01.1.1 , when create WBS level 3 : A1-10-01.1.1.9, but when create WBS level 3 with 2 digit, system generate &000000001.

For your information, setting OPSK PL=3 , SL = untick, ET = ", Sp = /, SP = . : > ; - < = Edit = untick, ANo = &.

Regards,

Mamarara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mamarara,

I tried to simulate the scenario and did not get the error.

I do not see why the system is not able to determine the code at the 3rd level for 2 digits,when it should allow for 3 digits at the third level, for example A1-10-01.1.1.999.

I tried to get the error and as expected the error occured at the 4th level when the system generated the number &000000001.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

do you setting coding mask like this Ex. A1-00-00.X.X.XXX ?. i changes the coding mask to be A1-00-00.0.0.000...and its worked. do you think it's the solution or with first setting it should worked?

Regards,

Mamarara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BP Singh,

Thank you for your advice....

Regards,

Mamarara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand why the system does not read the configuration coding mask with a sign X...