cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Exception: Tag "<Describe>" is not permitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I meet this exception. In st22 I cannot see any active calls relative to my codes. All codes are about web dynpro codes.

My steps:

In tabstrip, I switch to one tab, which embed a interface view in another component. Then dump occurs.

Dump infor:

Note

The followin error text was processed in SQ7 the systm: WebDynpro Exception: Tag "<Describe>" is not permitted

The error occurred on the application server ldcisq7_SQ7_89 and in the work process. 7

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call hierarchy was:

Method: RENDER of program CL_WD_FORMATTED_TEXT==========CP

Method: RENDER_XHTML of program CL_WDR_TEXT_FORMATTER=========CP

Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/CASTANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C7STANDARD==============CP

All are NW relative codes. Not my codes.

How to debug ?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I meet this exception. In st22 I cannot see any active calls relative to my codes. All codes are about web dynpro codes.

>

> My steps:

>

> In tabstrip, I switch to one tab, which embed a interface view in another component. Then dump occurs.

>

> Dump infor:

>

> Note

>

> The followin error text was processed in SQ7 the systm: WebDynpro Exception: Tag "<Describe>" is not permitted

> The error occurred on the application server ldcisq7_SQ7_89 and in the work process. 7

> The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

> The ABAP call hierarchy was:

> Method: RENDER of program CL_WD_FORMATTED_TEXT==========CP

> Method: RENDER_XHTML of program CL_WDR_TEXT_FORMATTER=========CP

> Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/CASTANDARD==============CP

> Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP

> Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP

> Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C7STANDARD==============CP

>

> All are NW relative codes. Not my codes.

>

> How to debug ?

>

> Thanks a lot

hi,

seems to me that you have in one of your view FormattedTextView ui element for which the supplied text has a describe tag probably a XML syntax.

I think there is where your error coming from (try to pass a simple translatable text and test).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As stated already I would agree that it is the content that you are passing to the formattedText UI element. I thought it might be helpful to provide a link to the help where all the supported tags are documented:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/08/5696420cc2c56ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

You can also use provided utilities to validate the text in code so that you don't get such dumps at runtime. See this link and then scroll down to the Validation of Formatted Text section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm