cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Message using SOAP/ HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have to integrate SAP (IDOC for now), File, JDBC systems with external JMS-systems. All the scenarios are Async and messages exchanged from both ends.

Need assistance on designing approach:

1) Is it possible to send/ receive JMS-messages using SOAP or HTTP adapters in SAP PI?

2) If yes, does it require any kind of change in the end JMS-systems?

3) Any special configuration to be done in SAP PI (from a developers and Administrators perspective)?

Reasons for not favoring JMS adapter (from SAP note and SDN):

1) No ready support available for SSL configuration.

2) Not possible to use JMS Topics in SAP PI.

Relevant references for above implementation approach are most welcomed.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1) Is it possible to send/ receive JMS-messages using SOAP or HTTP adapters in SAP PI?

2 years back i have done similar req using SOAP adapter, i have posted data in to JMS Queue, but i am not sure about receiving data from JMS Queue using SOAP /HTTP adapter.

> 2) If yes, does it require any kind of change in the end JMS-systems?

> 3) Any special configuration to be done in SAP PI (from a developers and Administrators perspective)?

>

PI point of view additiona configurations not required, but JMS point of view i think but not sure.

I am new 2 XI when i worked on this req, so i cant remeber JMS Additional settings.

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

2 years back i have done similar req using SOAP adapter, i have posted data in to JMS Queue,

If not wrong then the SOAP configuration would have remained the same (sending message through the Target URL). If you can please trouble your memory a bit more

Thanks,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If not wrong then the SOAP configuration would have remained the same (sending message through the Target URL). If you can please trouble your memory a bit more

>

yes exactly, i have used Target URL provided by MQ team.

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in talks with the end system and gathering information if they can process SOAP messages. If things work fine then we will implement SOAP instead of JMS.

The thread still remains open for suggestions.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Answers (0)