cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP/ABAP schools in Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for schools around Canada that offers SAP/ABAP training courses. I notice that there are lots of schools all over Canada but I am not sure if they are legit. I dont want to study online, I want to be in class because I think I could learn more from that. I am a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology graduate and i was hoping that I could focus my career in SAP industry.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

St Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia offers a Bachelor of Information Systems degree with an major or honors in enterprise systems in a brand new School of Business building. The URL is

http://www.mystfx.ca/services/registrar/pdfs/AcademicCalendar2011-2012.pdf

McMaster University in Hamilton also offers ERP/SAP courses, see

http://sap.degroote.mcmaster.ca/index.htm

Ron MacKinnon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out our new Dashboard in our UA Program Overview at . On the right hand side you will find our link to UA Program members in the link "UA Around the World". The listing is sorted by country.

All of the insitutions in Canada are of course legitimate and excellent choices for you. HEC Montreal, specifically, is one of the most active participants and contributors worldwide. Oh, Canada!

Best Wishes

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was also trying to research on these schools/universities but i couldnt find anything on their website. Please guide me for Master's in SAA programs in Canada please.

thanks a lot.

Hiader

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Haider,

Hi! Here's some additional background...

I'll do a little more research and get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks a lot for reply.

I tried a lot, personally contacted all the UA institutes in Canada all of them said we are not offering university level program with focus on ERP or SAP.

Its just an affiliation that SAP sold to these institutes ..... nothing much.

For proper certification take proper SAP course thats the only way to Master it

cheers

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Haider,

I'm sorry you could not find the course you were looking for at the UA member schools you contacted. Schools that participate in the University Alliances program however, are not members because SAP sells an affiliation. Each university on our member list uses SAP sofware within one or more for-credit courses at either a graduate or undergraduate level. It may not however, be in the program you are interested in taking. No university offers SAP training -- they use SAP sofware within their courses to reinforce concepts taught by professors. Because professors use the software as a teaching tool, it may or may not show up when you do a website search.

UA member schools are a great choice when a person needs a degree and also some hands-on experience with SAP. If what you're really looking for is specific product training, the quickest option is to take a training course or certification program at SAP and it'll give you more product depth.

Regards,

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Can you please help me with any UA member school in Canada?

Thanks again

Regards

Haider

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Haider,

I cannot identify which university you should consider for a degree. The SAP content is only one piece of the puzzle. You need to look at the reputation of the university, the degree you are seeking, location and so on. Once you narrow that selection, then the campuses can advise further. Campus personnel can connect to the college of business or technology to answer this question and othres you will no doubt have about their degree programs.

I would invite individuals affiliated with UA member schools to jump into the conversation if their campus uses SAP in the technical courses Haider is interested in learning more about.

Best,

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I do not know much about schools in Canada, but I do know about Michigan Schools. GVSU (Grand Valley State University) in Grand Rapids Michigan is one of the leading institutions within the United States for developing and teaching SAP. Currently GVSU is working with SAP to develop GBI (Global Bicycles International) which will end up being the global teaching platform for SAP.

The only other University that is doing this type of work with SAP is in Germany. In short GVSU is the best school in the area for SAP exposure/experience.