cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeable for new developer key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to this thing. I currently have one user ID registered, ABC in development server. I want to create a new user ID. I copy ABC to the new user ID, XYZ. When i login with the new user ID, XYZ and got to TCODE SE38, it requires object key. So i follow the steps below:

1. Go to service.sap.com

2. Select Keys & Requests

3. Select SSCR keys

4. Register Developer - to get developer key ( Give your SAP user id) A developer key will be generated towards your SAP user id. (But i do not know whether is the new ID chargeable or not, can someone advice me?)

5. Register object - to get Object key ( Give your SAP user id) A object key will be generated towards your SAP user id.

Thanks,

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Regarding your 4th question about the chargeability, as per my knowledge, you can create the developer access as per your requirement and at the time of user license audit it will be charged against developers.

For question 5, first you have to register the user id as developer first using register Developer and after that for which ever object you are modifying, you need to generate the object access key for it using Register Object which will be used for object only.

Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

If i'm not wrong, you are looking for an object key for an object, so that you will be able to modify or access it.

If that is the case, you need to request an Object key from service market place.

In your post at step "5", where you mentioned "Register Object", there you are expected to select an object by its name. Please follow the sample object name:

"R3TR PROG RV63A950". This is just an exmaple which represents an object in SAP.

Likewise, you need to register the object you are trying to access. The same key should be provided if other developers in your team are looking for accessing the same object.

Please let the community know if any more information required or if provided information is not sufficeint or relevant.

Regards,

Nani Chowdary.