cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Creating Proxy from Interface based on External Defn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create an ABAP proxy of a Message Interface, which is built from an External Definition. I created the external definition by importing XSD of existing BAPI.

While creation of proxy, I get following information dialog: "Message Interface references the External Definition". But, the ABAP proxy is not created.

If anyone knows solution to this, kindly put it ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhavish Bhatia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavish and myself are working together on the same problem. I wanted to answers Stefan's Query regarding version of SAP Web Application Server version

The source information links as given below. (I think you are asking for this)

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/555f3c482a7331e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">ABAP Proxy Generation</a>

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monzy,

no, Stefan gave the information that abap proxy generation is possible for external definition with WAS 6.40 but not with WAS 6.20. I searched for an official SAP source for that. I didnt see any notice about that in SAP library (your link).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The application system we are using is 6.40. We are able to create Proxy from a Message Interface which is built from an Message Type.

But if we try to create a Message Interface which is built from an External Definition i.e (xsd of BAPI) we are getting the dialog "Message Interface references the External Definition" and the Proxy is not generated.

If anyone knows solution to this, kindly put it ASAP.

Thanks

Monzy Varghese

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I understand right, you upload the BAPI to IR, download the XSD and upload this as external definition.

Is there any special reason, you are doing so?

When you upload the BAPI to IR and create a message interface pointing to the message type of the RFC directly, then it should work.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot create ABAP proxies from external definitions, IDOC or BAPI, when your application system is based on 6.20.

This works only, when your application system is based on 6.40 or higher.

Regards

Stefan

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

when i read your answer i remembered there was something, yes, works only at WAS 6.40. I wanted to verify that but i found only a thread answer from you with nearly the same content. Can you provide the source of your information?

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavish,

for ABAP proxies you need to build the interfaces in IB repository. Only from this "XSD dialect" proxies can be generated.

Regards

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So, does that mean that ABAP proxies do not support External Definitions?

Regards,

Bhavish

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavish,

<i>"You must also have created message interfaces in the interface maintenance of the Integration Repository before you can generate for these proxies."</i> from <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/555f3c482a7331e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">SAP Library: ABAP Proxy Generation</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created message interface. It is based on messages contained in External Definition. I am trying to create proxy for this message interface.

regards,

Bhavish

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavish,

no, they are not supported.

Regards,

Udo