cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Template Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario.

We want Qty field in the Shopping Cart as ZERO, but bydefault system takes 1 Qty even we keep the field blank.

Can anyone please suggest/guide wheter it Qty field in the Shopping Cart can be kept as ZERO ? If yes, how ?

Thank you

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to change the quantity,you can always do it at the SC level using the BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepti.

I think there is some confusion here. I want Shopping Cart Template Qty field ZERO, Since when we set the Qty field as a BLANK , still currently system takes it is as a ONE .

It is requiered , since while adding items from template to S/C , if User forgot to change the Qty from 1 to Requiered one..then it will be problem.

Thanks

Regard

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are adding items from template,the qty from the item is also copied to the new shopping cart.If you want to check if the user wants to change the default qty/copied qty to some other value,you can always show a warning message or a pop up message using the badi "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" .

HTH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still , discussion going in diff direction.

I just want Qty field in the S/c Template as ZERO !!. Whether it is possible or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

* > Thanks Deepti. > > I think there is some confusion here. I want Shopping Cart Template Qty field ZERO, Since when we set the Qty field as a BLANK , still currently system takes it is as a ONE . > > It is requiered , since while adding items from template to S/C , if User forgot to change the Qty from 1 to Requiered one..then it will be problem. > > Thanks > Regard *> NAP

By default,system will always take the quantity as "1".Only if user wants to chnage the quantity to something else(not balnk) as mentioned by you in previous post,then you can implement the BADI as mentioned.

You CANNOT set the quantity to "BLANK".

Hope that makes sense .

P.S. I dont understand the business need to keep the quantity as BLANK!!!Can you pls elaborate on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepti.

Business Requierment is

1.Business have very big Volume of Requistioning & Large Number of items in one S/C document..so they want to avoid the work as far as possible. ...

2.Another imp thing is ...Qty of all the Items frequently changes ( even we can not set diff Template for Diff Qty.. :(..since change is so frequent ) ..so Client don't want to keep any Figure (even NOT 1) in the Qtyfield in the Template...since in hurry/mistake , if User forgot to change the defualted Qty (i.e. 1 ) while adding the items from Template to S/C ..then wring qty will be ordered..

3. Cuuent Legacy system, Template is used with Qty field as a BLANK..

4.So ..better approch is to have ZERO qty (i.e. BLANK) in the Qty field in the Template..so no question of Mistake.n user must have to enter some/actual req qty.

HTH..

So any how , can we set the Qty as a ZERO (i.e. BLANK) in the Qty field in the Template ? ( u already answered NO )

Thanks

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we set the Qty as a ZERO (i.e. BLANK) in the Qty field in the Template ?

First up, have you tried to implement BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and set the quantity field to zero as suggested in some prior posts? How did that work out for you?

To enforce a check on the quantity field, especially when it is 1, you can also implement BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and give the user a popup window to confirm the quantity before proceeding to ordering the shopping cart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

"Template" is nothing but previously created Shopping cart which can be re-ordered.

So as per the current legacy system at your place,the kind of template you are looking for the Shopping cart i.e. with zero qty ,is not possible.

But finally when the user ORDERS the Shopping cart,he will be entering some quantity.So before the user created the cart,as I said earleir,even if the system deafults the qty to "1",you can always put a check using badi " "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" and prompt the user to change the quantity from "1" to something else.

So finally as per my understanding,you cannot set the Qty as a ZERO (i.e. BLANK) in the Qty field in the Template for the Shopping cart .But please keep the thread open so that other FORUM users can suggest some other pointers as well for your requirement.

Jay,

As per my understanding earlier,I thought that Narendra wanted to chnage the deafult qty to something else other than zero.Hence it was suggested to implement the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI".I dont think it is possible to chnage the qty to "ZERO" even using the badi "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to chnage the qty to "ZERO" even using the badi "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI".

That was my speculation too. Hence the question to the author if he has tested out the BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BADI u201CBBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADIu201D for defaulting the qty.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manjunath.

But the qty in S/C Template can be set as ZERO with this BADi?