cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Object Designer Server Not Responding (SBO0001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I receive this error after importing the universe in BO Designer and clicking on Universe Parameters.

Server Not Responding (SBO0001)

and when I click details it says:

DBD: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

I receive it when I test the database connection. I am using Windows 7 and when I go into ODBC Administrative Tools and test it works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Are you using 64 or 32bit Windows 7. Which version of BOBJ (including SP) do you use?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 and Designer version 12.1.0.882 and Business Objects version XI 3.1. Thanks again and any help is greatly appreciated!

Jen

0 Kudos

Please install the BO Clients tools XI 3.1 Service Pack 3 Full version . Windows 7 is supported only for XI 3.1 SP3 and higher.

You have to upgrade your BOBJ server also (Client and server should be at the same version).

And please install the 32bit database drivers. BO is 32bit and altough it runs on 64bit OS ithout a problem, it can only use 32bit libraries/drivers.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck still getting the error. Any other ideas? Thanks again for the help as I am a new Business Objects user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This page in the Microsoft site should help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712362(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same issue.

Here is what I did to resolve the issue:

- created 32-bit dsn on x64 2K8 (c:\windows\wow64\sysodbcad32.exe

- create 64-bit dsn with same name (default shortcut on x64 points to 64-bit DSN)

Reports in WebI worked .. no idea why but it did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly the issue!!

The odbc drivers is looked up by the application, and it differs if it is on a 32bit or 64bit architecture.

The creation of both ODBC connections (on the 32bit version and 64 bit version) are necessary if clients are mixed with this type of OS and hardware.

Don't ask how or why but if you create EXACTLY THE SAME connections on both ODBC connections wizards then it works fine.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create a ODBC connection in system32 and check whether is it working if not delete it. Now, create a connection in SysWoW64 and check whether is it working

Regards,

Suresh