cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccBPM posts in the SAP NetWeaver BPM forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I noticed that although we set up the as a technical forum for experts working with BPM in XI, workflow and other process-orientated technologies, all the ccBPM posts are written in the XI forum.

Now that the values of combining technologies is becoming clear (e.g. enabling human interaction in a SOA process), I'm wondering whether it's worth channeling these XI posts into the shared BPM forum.

Any opinions?

Alan Rickayzen

SAP AG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Like mentioned by Michal, the BPM forum is a mix of all technologies , and so it is always going to be difficult for one to segrgate between questions related to XI ccBPM and other technlogies. Maybe one reason why all XI BPM related questions are posted on the XI forum.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

BPM forum is a really strange one:)

<i>" forum covers ARIS for SAP NetWeaver and the following tools within SAP NetWeaver: SAP Solution Manager, SAP Exchange Infrastructure, SAP Business Workflow, Universal worklist, Collaboration tasks, Guided procedures."</i>

how do you distinguish

<b>solution manage</b>r forum posts from BPM forum?

or Universal worklist, Collaboration tasks on BPM forum

from <b>EP</b> forum questions?

it's all the same in my opinion

BPM forum is a mix of some other technologies

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

former_member181875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal, Bavesh,

>> how do you distinguish

>> solution manager forum posts from BPM forum?

That's exactly the point. Solution manager is a tool but it is important within business process modeling as well as other aspects of solution management.

The same is true for the UWL.

I guess the answer is that if only one tool (e.g. UWL, XI...) is affected then it's easier to find the thread in the tool forum rather than a cross-forum but if integration is involved then the BPM forum would be most appropriate.

For example, if you're triggering human tasks from an XI process the tasks appear in the UWL and posts relating to this are most likely to be answered in the BPM forum rather than Portal or XI forums.

Best regards,

Alan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>For example, if you're triggering human tasks from an XI process the tasks appear in the UWL and posts relating to this are most likely to be answered in the BPM forum rather than Portal or XI forums.

you're right

my point was more - somethimes it's better to post on two forums to get more details answers

(as more XI experts will use the XI forum)

but it all depends how you can specify your questions:)

Regards,

michal