cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Monitoring: restrict authorization to confirm alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working with Solution Manager's Business Process Monitoring and I am now facing these questions regarding roles and authorizations to allow/forbid alert confirmation:

- What is the authorization mechanism behind alert confirmation in BPM? Is a specific authorization object involved when pressing the button "Confirm selected"?

- Is it possible to adjust roles (if no standard role is available) in order to have, for example,

--Role1: give users the authorizations to walk through DSWP transaction, see business processes' alerts and confirm them

--Role2: give users the authorizations to walk through DSWP transaction, see business processes' alerts but NOT allow them to confirm any alert?

Our Solution Manager version:

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (SP22)

ST-PI 2008_1_700 level2

ST-SER 701_2008_2 level 6

ST-A/PI 01M_CRM570

I hope I managed to explain my doubts properly; any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your support,

best regards

Paolo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Paolo,

it is the first time that I hear that request. Can you explain what your use case is? Why would you allow some users to see and analyze alerts but do not let them confirm the alerts if the problem is solved?

As the user/date/time is logged if somebody confirms you have the transaparency who confirmed which alert at what point of time.

I think that currently no such split in authorizations is supported but perhaps you can find something in the securtiy guide.

Best Regards

Volker

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should look at your SAP Solution Manager Security Guide.

They have roles for DSWP activities, and I am certain there are display only roles that you can assign.

Please review the security guide for your Solutioon Manager Release.

You will find the roles there.

Regards,

Paul