cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM and BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have a scenario where BPM is used for managing the workflow. In one of the approval steps the workflow goes to Data steward who only has access to Data manager. He is notified for a task and he can perform his actions only from data manager. Is this possible for the BPM workflow to proceed to next step based upon his action in Data Manager?

Thanks-ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You need to write some custom Java Code for this, write a webservice which will check records in MDM, once the webservice knows that the record is updated by that Data Steward and after a certain time (updateBy Timestamp), you can proceed with other steps in BPM.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general my recommendation would be no. As far as I know, actions performed with the MDM GUI tools only raise a couple of events and those are primarily syndication related. I don't think that you can raise an event that alerts the BPM (or some other service) that a record has changed. Therefore you would have to have a custom service or Java program (as was mentioned above) which would have some logic by which it checks the repository. I don't think this is a good idea from a design perspective, but it is technically possible.

Edit: I thought about it again, and it may be possible to use the enrichment controller to raise an event, but I've never done it before so I'm not quite sure how that would be done.

Edited by: Harrison Holland on Dec 10, 2010 2:38 AM