cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Issue - Stability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got stuck when I execute u201Ccreate testing scheduleu201D action box item in stability study. It defaults the notification number into the maintenance plan field and it says its already exist which makes sense as we had the number assigned already to maintenance plan. It seems to be a number range issue.

So I made it external number range by assigning the same number range for both maintenance plan and notification for stability types. But it kicks me out saying number range not in interval. I tried with keep changing the number but it still same thing. I have assigned A to ZZZZZZZZZZ in maintenance plan (external) for stability type ST. Then I come back to notification type and tried to assign the same range and got a message saying "enter intervals without overlap".

What is range shd I need to give? pls advice.

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved myself

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set up the external number range to 'A to ZZZZZZZZZZZZ' for maintenance plan(ST) and notification type(QR/QS/QT).

And add the internal number range for maintenace plan(ST).

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

I followed your instructions and still getting same message as "enter intervals without overlap"

Pls help

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

Please see my below status so far

Number range

Maintenance plan St category

2000000000-21999999999 -internal

A. -zzzzzzzzzzzz - external

Notification types qs,qr,qt

400000000-41999999999-external(I tried to assign a-zzzzzzzzz but it did not work)

I ran qr type(w/o material) and created the inspection plan thru qp01 for my initial inspection lots. Lots were created and UD was done after RR successfully.then I have Specified the storage conditions andproceed with create testing schedule where system asks for maintenance plan no and all other details.since I have assigned the external range for maint. Plan, I gave c100 and mention my INS plan was created already.

Now I tried to assign the maint. Package to my INS plan thru CWBQM. I ran this and assigned the package at header level and hit enter. It says external number not possible and cursor sits at material field.as I have used, qr type I don't have any material to be given.not sure I am following the sequence correctly.

Pls help

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luke,

I am taking care of PM as well. I did delete the maintenance plan number range which was set up to A to ZZZZZZZZ to ST category. I have deleted the number range for notification type QS,QT as well. Now both of are empty.

How do I handle the ranges now. I tried with couple of things and it didn't work out. I think both the ranges should have the same number range externally maintained correct ?

Please do let me know the ranges for Maintenance plan - ST category and

Notification type - QS,QT category.

Thanks for your help!

Mahee

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

External number range must be needed for testing schedule.

If external number range 'A to ZZZ..' is already used for other maintenance plan, you assign maintenance category 'ST' to it.

Anyway I would suggest you discuss it with your PM module guy.

Regards

Luke