cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Stock posting to Block Stock -- QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QMers,

I am new greener in QM and want to consult one unknow senario for you:)

Suppose we have one inspection lot for one specific batch with 5000 PC product, and I use QA11 to post 500 PC to blocked stock, then what shall I get after UD in MMBE? Is 4500 PC for "Unrestricted Use" and 500 PC for "Blocked" or 5000 for "Unrestricted Use"?

How about result for above senario if we post 500 to "Reseved" stock?

I am looking forward to your kind suggestion and help, thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Suppose we have one inspection lot for one specific batch with 5000 PC product, and I use QA11 to post 500 PC to blocked stock, then what shall I get after UD in MMBE? Is 4500 PC for "Unrestricted Use" and 500 PC for "Blocked" or 5000 for "Unrestricted Use"?

In QA11 usage decision select the inspection lot of 5000PC then enter select the UD code in stock posting tab if you have posted the 500 stock to block then remaining stock will be i.e 4500 in QI only check MMBE you can find 4500 under QI stock and for same inspection lot the status becomes UD SPRQ means UD done but still stock posting remaining as you have posted only 500 out 5000 remaining 4500 is under QI only so still you can use same inspection lot and go to QA12 enter same lot number and go to stock posting tab there you can find 4500 stock to be posted you can post that stock as per your requirement to unrestricted or blocked.

How about result for above senario if we post 500 to "Reseved" stock?

You can't post the stock to reserved status in MMBE through QM UD you can post stock to unrestricted,blocked and scrap only.

Reserved status in MMBE is when you committ any quantity for any production order it will get reserved for that particular order.

Hope you clear now.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In your opinion, if we use QA11 to post 500 PC to block stock, then we can do partial UD for this 500 PC stock as well as 4500 PC stock seperately, is my understanding correct? Otherwise, how to post them to differen stock type in MMBE?

I am looking forward to your helpful idea and thanks in advance!

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In your opinion, if we use QA11 to post 500 PC to block stock, then we can do partial UD for this 500 PC stock as well as 4500 PC stock seperately, is my understanding correct? Otherwise, how to post them to differen stock type in MMBE?

Yes you can do partial UD and later on if you want to post for remaining stock with same inspection lot then use QA12 and in stcok posting tab you can find the stock to be posted and you can post that remaining stock wherever you want.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, my understanding of partial UD is to do batch split, is my idea correct or not? And what will you do partial UD if my understanding is not correct?

Your idea is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for your reply, my understanding of partial UD is to do batch split, is my idea correct or not? And what will you do partial UD if my understanding is not correct?

You can do parital postings at any time from the inspection lot. In stock postings tab in QA11 here specify the same material number and I beleive you'll see a button for a new batch number then enter the stock to be posted to that batch.

Check and Revert.

Cheers

KK

Answers (0)