cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sales order type for Plant transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to create a new sales order > Delivery> On confirmation it must do plant to plant transfer. We dobn't want a PO to be created for this . I tried creating new order type, del type and mvmt type(931 -copied from 301) but not sure how to pass the Plant/batch info while confirming. So I have problem while confirming the delivery. This order is not charged so no invoice needs to be created.. Could you please advise me on the steps that need to be done for this.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best solution will be to use the Stock transfer functionality rather than having new sales order type.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

In the system, the from plant is the actual warehouse whereas the receiving plant has different storage locations which corresponds to various mobile locations throughout the country. Each mobile location is associated with a customer number in the system . Business wants sales order to be created for these customers# which should automatically posts plant to plant transfer(301) when the delivery is confirmed. the item is directly shipped from the warehouse to the mobile location. There is no receiving functtionality. Currently the users manually create MB11 entries and ship it manually. they dont want to do that..

Is it possible to create a STock transport order which will create a delivery so that warehouse can ship the order and 301 posting on goods confirmation.

Could you please advise .

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on which process business wants to adopt, either SD/MM route or MM route

As you aware:

SD/MM route: STO - OBD - PGI - MIGO

MM Route: MB1B-301 mov type

The 3rd option is:

To make it user job easier, I would suggest you to do the enhancement in such a way, whenever there is any requirement in actual warehouse ( which you can find out in MD04 list) in the background transfer posting has to be done using MB1B with mov type 301.

Create own storage location, for this scenarios default the storage location in sales order which will pass to MD04. In coding use this storage location to fetch MD04 requirements to run Mb1b transaction with mov type:301

in free text of MB1B transaction pass the sales order + line item value, so that you can restrict & track the material document wrt:order & line item no.

I dont think its a very big development. Just using standard transactions and triggering based on certain conditions automatically.

Its business call, how to proceed.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD