Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Adapter Engine

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a proxy to SOAP scenario. I am working on PI 7.1

I am currently facing a strange problem. I have executed the proxy from SAP system. The data has come to PI and it fails at the adapter engine level. But if I take the payload from SXI_MONITOR and try sending the data thru the test tab from RWB it goes thru successfully. But the same scenario fails at the adapter engine when executed end to end . Now when I do a cache connectivity test I can see that the adapter engine and other two parameters are in red status. Is this because of this that it is failing. Inspite of this it goes thru from RWB.

Any inputs on the same would be helpful

Thanks

Ami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Refer the blog: /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is still there. When I click on the tab under Cache connectivity test , this is the message I get.

Cache notification failed . Error during attempt to detetmine list of business system. We have asked the basis team to do the cache refresh.

My Question still remains is why is it that the same payload goes thru successfully when sent thru Runtime workbench Test tab.

Ideally this must also fail but this goes thru successfully . So I am still not sure whether refreshing the cache would help in getting this issue solved.

The error at adapter engine is : HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Is there any setting / post installation step which we are missing for SOAP receiver adapter. Any services related to SICF .

Please provide your inputs for the same.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My Question still remains is why is it that the same payload goes thru successfully when sent thru Runtime workbench 
Test tab.

I dont think testing through RWB --> Integration Engine --> Test Message will have any problem....it should pass through...it wont need to read the Business System details....however while executing end-to-end testing business system details need to be read.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Java log file in NWA, related to HTTP 500 error.

Also, check T-code SLDCHECK.

It seems that might be some standard user is locked, because of which it is not able to identify Business system.

In RWB you are providing hard code value of Business system and interface details due to which the message is getting posted correctly.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul and Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply. let me check the same and get the cache refreshed and get back on the same.

Thanks

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have done a system cache refresh . Still we are facing the same issue. The data is not able to pass the adapter engine .

Any other checks that need to be done. It is again successful thru RWB.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the T-code SXMB_ADM -->Integration Engine Configuration in SAP system .

I hope you have maintained the setting of Role of the business system as an application system.

Please verify the settings as mentioned below:

1. The corresponding Integration Server is set as a HTTP destination (for example, dest://INTEGRATION_SERVER).

2. The HTTP destination in transaction SM59 is present and set as type to HTTP Connections to R/3 System.

Test the connection by using the Connection Test button; you should get HTTP 500 u2013 Empty HTTP Request received, because no real XML document is sent during this test.

-Rahul

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

These settings are fine . The SM59 returns HTTP 200 response. But the issue which we are facing is at the adapter engine level. The data is successful till Integration engine.

The error is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Anything to do with the HTTP 200 response.

Thanks

Amit

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you mention the error you are receiving at adapter engine???

Also, please check, if T-code SLDCHECK Is working fine.

-Rahul

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The error is SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

We have configured a asynchronous scenario. It fails at the adapter engine with the above error when executed end to end.

But when sent thru RWB it gets posted successfully to the webservice.

There is one more scenario which is also behaving in the same manner.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the below mentioned SAP notes:

-Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Is there any error showing up for the Adapter Engine on "red light"?

If yes, could you please share that with us?

It may clarify a little about the cause of this error.

As the colleague above mentioned, try the CPACache refresh and let us know

if this was done successfully.

If not, also post the error you received in brief, just to have an idea.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do a full cache refresh to fix the issue,

http:/host:port/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti