cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg - Authorization for accessing a planning book to a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every body

Here i am trying to create a new user and his role is to view only one data view in the interactive planning book.and he should able to see only monthly bucket, and restricted to view the data into weekly or day etc..

for this

i have given him authorization for the respective planning book and data view.

while trying to load the data it shows me a pop up i.e. "YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION FOR ALL THE CHARACTERISTIC VALUES SELECTED".

what's the authorization object should i take..

Please guide me.....

Thanks & Regards

Tgsk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the error has come you can check the missing authorization in /N/SU53 transaction and accordingly you can attach the transaction or auth object.

I am not too sure but I think the auth object "C_TCLS_MNT" can be the reason for the error.

Hope this will help.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the access for respective planning book is working correctly as you are able to get into planning book.

Regarding the respective error i.e. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORIZATION FOR ALL THE CHARACTERISTIC VALUES SELECTED", please cross check if you created any authorization object based on CHARACTERISTIC VALUES or CHARACTERISTIC ATTRIBUTE VALUES.

You can check the respective CHARACTERISTIC infobojects in RSA1 , double click go to Business explore tab and you will find Characteristic is relevant for authorization check indicator .

If this indicator is set, authorization objects for Reporting can be generated with this characteristic. You can also permit execution of queries for only certain value ranges of this characteristic.

Please cross check if you are missing the role which gives the authorization based on these CHARACTERISTIC VALUES or CHARACTERISTIC ATTRIBUTE VALUES.

Please let us know if it help you.

Thanks

Amol