cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Inspection lot 04 (early creation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

following problem:

We use early creation for inspection lot 04.

If Production Order was released the insp. lot was created. There is no stock quantity available in the lot, which is correct).

If i do the result recording and UD (Accepted), the insp. lot is finish.

After this step I do the confirmation of the Prod.Order and the goods receive (MB31) from production to stock.

I thought the material should go directly to main stock because of UD (Accepted).

But SAP moved the material to 917 (Q-Stock) and refresh the insp. lot with stock quantity.

I have to change the insp. lot to move the material from Q-Stock(917) to main stock.

This is not what we want.

If we do the accepance-UD before prod.order was doing the goods receive, the material should not go to quality. Should go

directly to main stock.

Is there a possibility or special setup which supports this process ?

Can someone give me a hint what I have to do ?

Thanks !

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

I saw that the Prod.Order contains a setting to put material after Goods receive into Q-Stock.

If i can change this setting to unrstricted use after UD in inspection lot, I think material goes directly to stock....

I tried to change it manually after UD, but I get a message is not possible....

Hm, seems there is really no solution....

thanks for your support.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help......

Greetings Tom

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to include QVM2 in your training. It should be run on a daily basis to show you all lots that have unposted stock. This would include lots with a UD but stock was posted to them after the UD.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reason why we will proceed in this way is the following:

Our customer wants to do a inspection after production is done and before goods receive.

We (QM) have to inform the customer min a week before finish the production. this is the reason for the early lot creation.

Sometimes the customer told us, it's not necessary to do the inspection. This is the reason why we will do the UD before the

goods receive from the production order is done. We will avoid that the material will be moved to QM because tehre a re no activities necessary.

So, is there a possibility move the material(if UD was done before goods receive) dirctly into main stock or is there a exit which can ´do the "posting" in the QM-lot automatically?

thanks for your help !

Tom

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Nothing standard. Since the stock posting is done after the UD is done most of the typical user exits I would suggest to use aren't "hit". You'll probably have to do a development that would run on a regular basis and find the lots you need posted and to do the posting transaction.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

That is how early lot creation works. If you go into the material master and call up the help (F1) for the control inspection lot field in the inspection type setup, you'll see in the help that SAP specifically says that you should refrain from making the UD on early lot creation inspection lots. It mentions that you'll have to go back and and post the stock later on.

There is a technical reason for this and if you are really interested in it, let me know and I'll try to explain it. It is alluded to in the help file.

FF