Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating file in DMS

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I have an question. At our company we made a flex application for the SAP module EHS.

The goal of this application is to create a notification in SAP with flex.

One of the parts of such a notification are files which belongs to a notification.

We would like to build that part also in flex. We created a screen in flex which upload the data to SAP, and also we have some logic which contains the binairy data of the file within the ABAP program.

This binairy data should be saved as a file within the DMS, but the question is how? I have looked at several function modules and all function modules which i could find, where function modules which needed a filename plus filepath. There was no function module which i could find who could make a file in the DMS with only binairy data.

Does anyone know such function module? of other solution?

And besides this, does anyone know another method to save a file in the DMS if you only have the binairy data in ABAP

kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In DMS you need to check-in afile into server then only it can be stored. You need to have a file on your system which can be browesed and then check-in. Is this file saved first on your system then you need to uplaod it in dms. for check-in you may use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN

Regads,

Ravindra

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the solution. I can set the data via binary data. But you must be careful what you send with the FM.

Also in the DMS the application type you use for creating a document must be customize in a good manner.

I also had set a document with a path and that is not correct. When i only set the filename. the fm works fine

so this question is solved