Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Blank Business area during FI clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could any one help me on how to restrict a blank business area in FI clearing.

I have maintained the authorization object F_BKPF_GSB for eg. 1000 business area. When an user is clearing an accounting document it shows the list of data with some blank business areas along with the 1000 business area.

I have double checked the object in which i could not restrict "Blank" business area and also could not find blank business area in pressing F4.

Regards

Karthick

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with ' ' (Single quotes)? It should allow the blank values.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

that might now work because it looks like in some cases this check is performed only if business area is not initial.

karthcikeyan. Have you tried to run ST01 and see if the authorization check is performed for blank business area?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I dont want blank business area to be displayed for user when he executes F-32. I just maintained the business area as 1000 in his role. when he excutes F-32 it shows the values of both fields (ie, 1000 as well as blank). So i want restrict the blank field not to be displayed.

Regards

Karthick

0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

Yes i did tried ST01 for that user and found the authorization check has be performed for business area. So when it checks for the business area it should show the maintained (ie 1000) business area details along right. But, it shows the blank as well as the 1000 business area values.

Regards

Karthick

0 Kudos

Hi,

so if you can't see in ST01 any authorization check for blank business area then the logic is same as for example for account group for vendors. If that field is blank then authorization check is not performed. So the only solution is to always populate this field. For example creating dummy business area which will be used for all records without business area. Another solution could be to find a suitable user exit to modify behavior of that transaction.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

I will try that and let you know the status on the same.

Regards

Karthick