cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form printed to right side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am basis consultant and am really struggling with a issue and seek advice from you experts.

While printing a PO the output gets moved towards right side because of which some of the parts are printed with some lost information.

I am using the device type as HPLJ4000, I checked with the note 435100 but still the problem persists. I feel that the problem may be from ABAP side so posting my query here.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Piyush Bharati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush Bharati,

What is the result if you create a new spool via device type POST2?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aidan,

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't checked about the device type, will do the change and once I find the output will update you.

Meanwhile, it will be good for me if you can tell me the reason for selectin POST2 as device type above anyother device types.

Thanks,

Piyush

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the print preview coming the same as print on the same printer. Secondly i think ABAP team has to be careful while printing the various data on form. They might have to move it a little here and there.

Nabheet

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

A lot of standard forms are designed for postscript device type POST2.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello there i need some help. Previously our client system was on windows and sap servers were on windows server edition. We made our custom smartform reports through windows gui. Now we have migrated our Client side to OpenSuse and now we are using SAP JAVA GUI. Our printers are SAP supported HP Printers P1320 and P2035. Now the problem is that when we print our custom smart form reports from the linux client using "PDF1" device type we get a report with get a shifted print a little towards left and upward cropping a few words. I have changed the device type from HP P1320 to P2035 and I have also tried POST2. But the best print I receive is from PDF1. Host Spool Access Method is "G: Front End Printing with Control Tech". I would appreciate a quick response. Thank you.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I woukd suggest to use the Horizontal Move and Vertical Shift settings in the definition of the output device in transaction SPAD:

SPAD -> Output Devices -><Output device> -> 'Output attributes' tab

-> Additional Smartform and Sapscript information

-> Horizontal Move: enter e.g. -7 mm

-> Vertical Shift: enter e.g. 5 mm

After this,you will need to create a new spool afterwards to test this. It will not work to reprint an old spool as the print data is already created.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

At first thanks to both for responding quickly to my question.

As you suggested I have already tried with the horizontal move but what happened is that the print moved to left side but the right content is still incomplete.

Please suggest.

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u think in SAP side all properties and Settings are OK, thn check thn properties of the Printer in Printer and Faxes ( From Windows -> START Menu).. There u can check the right side and left side alignment..

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush Bharati,

What is the result if you use device type POST2? See the following SAP note about thi problem:

183948 - Standard print on PCL-5,PostScript,SAPWIN

As the problem is only with the alignment, then the easy solution may be to use the Horizontal Move setting in the Output Device definition via transaction SPAD to adjust the difference.

SPAD -> Output Devices -> <Output Device Name> -> 'Output attributes' tab -> Additional Smartform and Sapscript information->

Horizontal Movement:

Vertical Shift:

You will need to vreate a new spool afterwards to test this. It will not work to reprint an old spool as the print data is already created.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush Bharati,

I have seen this problem when we use Printer SAPWIN. Generally when you use the proper printer like you are using HPLJ4000 system should print it properly. Whatever it may be the reason, I always tell my team and follow my self when ever am creating form, we have to keep enough margins, so that this kind of problems we can avoided.

You can also check SPAD>Output Devices>Display-->Output Attributes . There you check Horizontal Move and Vertical shift.

Thanks & Regards,

Faheem.