Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Shipment cost against single shipment doc

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a scenario in Transportation process.

We are sending a shipment which contains three delivery docs each contains 100 qty, so total 300 qty.

There are three invoices invloves in this shipment against each delivery doc. This shipment goes to the Transporter's warehouse and the inward happens one by one invoice basis as per the cutomer's request. Say, when the customer inwards the first delivery transporter will submit his first freight bill to us. we clear that bill, then next bill...so on..

Here from one shipment document multiple shipment costs need to be created. Is this possible? If not what could be the soultion for this issue?

Pls suggest. thanks in advance.

(P.S: I have referred this thread which is very similar to my req.

, any other suggestions)

Reg,

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Here from one shipment document multiple shipment 
    costs need to be created. Is this possible?

No it is not possible. System will allow you to create shipment cost against one shipment document. If your requirement is to create liability on different transport vendors, you can create multiple shipment document in VT01N against one delivery. System will allow this and against each shipment document, you can create shipment cost.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi ji,

Thankx a lot for ur reply and giving some more light . However, My requiremnt is not to create multiple shipment documents in VT01N against one delivery and not all the customers have the web site updation on GRN details but ofcourse some of them.

I have two issues here..

1. My client sends a consignement which contains multiple deliveries each belongs to deifferent Routes thru' a transporter. For the transporter it's like a collection point. He collects the goods and takes to his place further distributing the goods to the respective destination. (like a courier agent).

2.As i xplained before, as per the GRN of the customer basis they pay the frieght bills (weekly) . It happens for a whole delivery or invoice qty only.

How to address this? Is this a only way to create one to one basis of shipment & delivery doc?

Pls suggest.

Reg,

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Dec 10, 2010 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

If i understand your scenario you have one transporter who is collecting the goods in different picking points and then he is delivering it to the customer who are their in different routes.

In this case why you need to create multiple shipment documents why can't you go based on delivery document. You should be paying the transporter based on distance / weight. So in this case shipping cost can be generated for the for all the deliveries in one shipping cost document for which you are paying the transporter.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In the shipment cost document each delivery will have it's own calculated value as a line item cost. You can extract the correct shipment cost from each delivery in shipment cost document and print it on the invoice or create individual freight invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May we know why is it that you let transport company to deliver as per customer's requirement, if you do the same, then you can create one shipment for each delivery(anyway's customer is asking one delivery at a time) and even if the customer asks more, you can just add up quantity

Thanks,

Srini.