cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA report is not opened in dswp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got an error when i opened earlywatch report from DSWP for speacfic Solution.

Kindly check below error .

E-Mail Hint: to search, select this document and choose Ctrl+F

Error: An exception with the type CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause, Program CL_GUI_GP=====================CP, Include CL_GUI_GP=====================CM017, Row 1

Kindly advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case, please kindly ensure you have the latest ST-SER tools version and package level updated as per note 569116 on ST-SER upgrade.

This abap dump can also be due to the fact that you are having old version of SAPGUI and Microsoft Word version, please kindly ensure you are having the latest available version as possible.

If the other above recommendations do not work, can you please please attempt to log into your system from another computer?

Thanks,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue has been resolved after upgrade SAPgui

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you get this error when you open any report in this solution or a specific report.

If it is one report, see if you can open its session in transaction DSA (or the eye glasses)

if you can't, you might want to try resetting it, and then regenerating the session.

If it is more than one report, besides the exception message, what shows in the sm:exec services job log, and is there any associated short dump?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul ,

i got this error when i open any report in this solution .

example when i open BI EWA report in the solution , i got error .

when i open R3 EWA report in the solution , i got error .

Kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly upgrade your SAPGUI

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Satheesh,

You can try updating the SAPGUI, as suggested.

But I think this problem is related to MS Word.

Satheesh, one way you can confirm the proble is with MS Word is to open the HTML version of the report.

Instead of clicking on the Word Document, either 1) Click on the eye classes, when the session opens, click the HTML button on the top, or 2) On the left hand side click the link.

If the HTML version opens then you know the problem is limited to just MS Word...if you have a problem with HTML, perhaps it is the SAPGUI. I suspect you will be able to open the EWA report in HTML. That can be a workaround until you implement a solution. However if it looks like it is limited to MS Word then I would advise the following.

Please check SAP Note 199123 - Word Settings and make sure that everything is set as per the note for yuor versio of MS Word.

If you are getting the error " MS Word Template Assignment failed" then you will need to apply SAP Note 1172706. If you are using Word 2000, that version is not supportedand you will need to be on at least MS Word 2002.

Also be aware if you are on Windows 7 or MS Word 2010 you should be on SAPGUI 7.20.

Regards,

Paul

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Typically such an error points to a bug for which a SAP note correction exists.

Please check the relevant SAP notes by using following keywords on ht[http://service.sap.com/notes|http://service.sap.com/notes]solution manager CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL

Kind regards

Tom