Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New query folder role-B.I 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI 7.0, we have created a new query folder role. The power user will use the new role to add queries in it. Now from the query designer, power user is not able to view the newly created role. He can see all the other old roles. Are we missing something?

Regards,

Vasanth

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Did you check S_USER_AGR authorization object. If the user doesn't have authorization to the specific role, then the role might not be listed. Check for S_USER_AGR in the assigned roles and post the values. Also, provide the name of the new role name.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

S_USER_AGR - Acitivty 02, 03 and Roles have Z_NSMR*

The new role name is Z_NSDRR92331210_SALE_DATA

Regards,

Vasanth

0 Kudos

You can either add the entire role name i.e Z_NSDRR92331210_SALE_DATA or Z_NSD* if the same to followed in future

0 Kudos

Hi,

Add Z_NSDR* (refer your guidelines for the possible wildcard combination) under S_USER_AGR and try. As recommended, the role should be assigned to the power user.

Also, check whether it is okay to add the above combination. There might be some restrictions on the roles which the power users can modify. If the current power user is allowed to modify Z_NSDR* roles, then you can go ahead!!

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added Z_NSDR* under S_USER_AGR, but still PU cannot view the role.

Regards,

Vasanth.

0 Kudos

I forgot to say this earlier...

Activity 01, 02, 03, 22 is require in S_USER_AGR... You also need to assign the role Z_NSDRR92331210_SALE_DATA to PU

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

Activity 01 is not required. However, since the power user is able to see the other roles, and save queries/workbooks in those roles, it should not be a problem with the activity.

Try adding RRMX in the folder role and check.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Along with ACTVT 02, 03,64 (to generate the role once query/workbook is added to role) and Role name in S_USER_AGR , PU would also need S_USER_TCD= RRMX since they are saving the query/workbook in the role menu of PFCG.

0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

If all the steps mentioned by the other SDNers have been done & still the Power User is not able to view the newly created role, please do the following:

Just check settings of your table SSM_CUST.

It should have following entries:

CONDENSE_MENU=YES

DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES=NO

If the above is not present, please maintain & test it

0 Kudos

Hi Siddartha,

Power User is able to see other roles. The issue is only with the newly created role. Do you still recommend checking SSM_CUST??

lol

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I know its strange!! Sometime back (about 3-4 months ago), there was similar problem reported in this forum, where the user was able to see all other roles except the new role & this solution of SSM_CUST did work. I am not able to find that thread right now, but yes, its there in this forum only(that thread was "answered"). (Possible cause for this could be some upgrade like EHP etc)

By the way, you were not so much active in SDN at that time, else you would have seen that thread.

And it can be tested & if it does not work, it can be reverted back - no problems

0 Kudos

Activity 01 is not required

Have you tried this in system? 01 & 02 is mandatory activity in order to have a role to be appear in role folder in Bex. Where as 03, 22 are supporting activity to display and assign query, workbook etc.

On the other hand the menu role to be assigned to PU so that they can execute the query inside it if require. Well here as PU is able to do some staff with existing role I presume there must be some other role which is providing this authorization

Here is a link for similar kind of issue.

[MessageID=8554123|]

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Please simulate. Activity 01 is to create, and for adding the queries/workbooks in the folder role, you doesn't require 01 activity. It requires only 02, 03, and 22. I was implementing without 01 and the power users were able to add queries in the assigned folder roles. I am not sure why they should have create activity too.

Let me share any other views that you have.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

It was really bit strange to me as well when I saw that 1st arond 1.5 years back. Anyway I just had to give what it takes to keep things rolling. I found that from the system and surprize to hear some different thing from you. SAP is strange thing always... Or may be I am without the actual inside story. Let's c what comes out of this thread....

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I've simulated the issue and as mentioned in my earlier reply, the role menu should contain some entries before the developers can add queries in it. Else, the role is not listed for them to add queries.

Regards,

Raghu

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing to add after following the steps said by Raghu assign the folder role to the power user

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you already mentioned , the query folder role you created is listed in S_USER_AGR in power user role. So either you are missing adding the query folder role to the user along wth poweruser role or your poweruser is not actually checking it while publishing the query to the folder role. I mean if a folder role is empty it will not be visible on the initial screen of BEX. but when you try to publish a query, then you can see the new folder. A folder role needs atleast one entry to be visible in roles tab of BEX.