Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal report 2008 export to pdf -bad display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have window xp system and crystal report 2008

now , when I export spesific report to pdf format with spesific font(Calibri) the disply come bad-duplicate letters, put one letter on other (like- ffar,benefftt)it's usually appear with 't' and 'f'.

the intresting that when i copy the bad display to diffrent application(lik word ,notpad and the like)it's come good without the mistake.

what it could be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amos,

This is more of a Report Design issue so I moved your post from the .NET SDK forum to the Report Design forum.

There have always been a problem exporting "special" fonts to PDF. Crystal Reports relies on "Windows OS" to map the font glyphs for displaying. What happens is if for example you set your field font Calibri and then use some character either in the report by pasting it into the field. It looks fine in the viewer and other supported "windows" export types because Windows will go map the character to a font that does include the glyph.

To see this open up the Character Map tool in Control Panel ( or where ever it may be for the OS you are using ) and look at the Calibri font set. Then look for that character, you likely won't find it.

So now the issue is when exporting to PDF because it handles fonts and glyphs mappings differently CR can't use the "windows" mechanism to get the info. Thus the missing characters when exporting to PDF.

Work around for now is to export to RTF Editable format, open that up in Word 2007 and get the export to PDF plugin from Microsoft. Now the PDF has the fonts as you had selected.

Thank you

Don

PS - I am currently working with PM's to get this to work but....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)what are you meen in "Character Map tool" -font folder?-there I find the Calibri font.

2)I have diffrent report with this font that work good- so it must to be depending in diffrent parameters.

3)I must using this font -customer requirement.

"Work around for now is to export to RTF Editable format, open that up in Word 2007 and get the export to PDF plugin from Microsoft. Now the PDF has the fonts as you had selected"

your answer don't applicable for me because I need to exsport report from internal software

can you help me?

tank's

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: [http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html|http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html] provides an API allowing you to issue a command line call from your application, triggering an export to Word and automatic conversion to PDF (followed by optional emailing or FTPing).

If you can't use a 3rd-party tool for this, you can implement the same logic in your own app.

0 Kudos

Try patching CR 2008 to Fix Pack 3.3. If it still has problems then I suggest you purchase a on line and work with a support engineer. If it is a bug then you'll get a refund.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to change your font. I commonly use ariel and have not experienced this problem with exporting to PDFs.