Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP receiver adapter - end of line ,marker

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm facing a really strange problem. I'm putting a file on a FTP server from one of our customers. i'm using text conversion with CR* LF** as end of line marker.

In D and Q where i'm putting the file on our own FTP server everything is ok.

But in P where i'm putting the file on the customers FTP server they are complaining that their application can not read the file. They sent me a file back (zipped to avoid any translation) and i recognized that this file has CR CR LF as line separator.

The setup in D,Q and P is exatly the same apart from the ftp server address, userid and passwort.

How can it come that i'm getting an additional CR and is there any workaround for that?

• CR = carriage return = '0x0d'

• LF = linefeed = '0x0a'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Did you entered the File Content Conversion entry as -- <recordname>.endSeparator as '0x0D"0x0A' in your File Receiver channel ? Check again as FCC entries are case-sensitive.

Cheers,

Ram.

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for the answer. I've tested that but i cant see the a difference if i use '0x0d' versus '0x0D'. Both are working on our own FTP server (linux) the same.

As the productional FTP server is one of out customres and i dont have control over it i guess its a (weired) setup on their configuration.

I swithched the transfer mode from text to binary to avoid the additional CR (still i dont understand how the ftp server is configured if he is doing that),

Nevertheless, i'm no havong a file terminated with CR LF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

I think the FTP server - Production at your customer's site is on WINDOWS environment. Please check this point with your customer.

So, for WINDOWS environment the answer which i have given in my previous reply holds good.

Also make sure that in FILE-RECEIVER communication channel --> FTP Connection Parameters --> Connection Mode is " Per File Transfer " and Transfer Mode is " Binary".

Hope you will arrive at the solution now !

Cheers,

Ram.

Answers (0)