cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during setting up database connection information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I ran an installation with linux/maxdb combination. I ran into errors, cleared off all the directories eg. /usr/sap/* , /sapdb , /sapmnt. I restarted the installation and to my irony i again faced the below error

Put xuser entry failed: USER data newer than component.

the creation aborted with returncode 2. I have never faced this kinda error before.

Please suggest how to get rid of this. Any pointers to any other threads will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make sure that:

1) you delete the created users and groups (sidadm, sqdsid, sdb, sdba and sapsys) incl. home directories

2) delete /usr/spool/sql

3) delete /etc/opt/sdb

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

I deleted the directories. Still the error persists. How can i achieve the first point that you said?

Delete the users?

Rahull

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have deleted few filesystems have you deleted the users and the groups and the corresponding home directory for the users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide me the procedure to delete the user directories? I am sorry, havent done this before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create a user automatically a home directory will be created for example userID: devadm there will be a home directory /home/devadm (this may differ) you need to check what your correct location of home directory.

Logon with your <SID>adm or any other valid user and execute pwd command this will show you the home directory.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Delete the users

userdel <name>

> Delete groups

groupdel <name>

Make also sure, that you delete the home directories under /home

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the generous replies. I cleaned up everything and started from scratch. The error is resolved now.

Rahul.

former_member107053
Discoverer
0 Kudos

meh. first forum post ever and quoting does not work. I want my newsgroups back...

to get the directories, you could just use

userdel -r <user>

that would even tale care of the mail spool, if it existed.

fl

Answers (0)