cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

while installing SAP Netweaver 7.0.07 it is getting halted at Phase 15 (Creating Database Schema)

INFO 2006-07-25 12:51:36

Execute step SdbEnExecute step SdbEn

There are no errors reported in log file and here are the warnings reported.

WARNING 2006-07-25 12:41:25

Execution of the command "change user /install" finished with return code 1. Output: User session is ready to install applications.

WARNING 2006-07-25 12:41:26

The install parameter INSTPARA_DB is already defined (existing value IND, new value ADA ).

WARNING[E] 2006-07-25 12:43:38

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (ClusSvc).

WARNING[E] 2006-07-25 12:48:17

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (SAPDBWWW).

-

here is the other phase information from the logs -

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:682]

showDialog() Execution of preprocess block of |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_Schema_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_Schema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|CheckDBUnicode returns Execution of preprocess block of |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_Schema_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_Schema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|CheckDBUnicode returns

INFO 2006-07-25 12:51:41 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:637]

showDialog() Execute step CheckDBUnicode of component |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_Schema_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_Schema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0.

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1653]

showDialog() call getKeydbManager()->syncToFile ( ) in function CSiComponentSet::syncStateTofile ()

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:713]

showDialog() The step StartDb with key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_Schema_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_Schema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0 has been executed successfully.

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:188]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook() Call block:Sdb_Schema_ind_ind_ind_ind function:Sdb_Schema_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_StartDbis validator: false

TRACE [synxccuren.cpp:939]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEffectiveUser(iastring&) effective user corresponds to real user

Please let me know what could be the problem. here is the installation platform software and hardware configuration.

Windows 2003 with SP1

Intel P4 dual Core processor, 1 GB RAM & 80 GB HDD

If you need any further information please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try "
saploc" in the Run dialog..You have to open the <SID local>... hope the some permission issue in the phy. memory which you try to install...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install any other instance on the same server ?

If it is preview version, make sure no other instance is installed before installing this one.

Thanks!

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It can be any one of the following

1) The file C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows 2000) or C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows XP) must not include an entry for the ports 3601, 3201 and 50000 to 50030. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#).

2)NTFS-File systems

3) Hope logged user has administrator prevllage and installaing on localhost

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

govind,

Thank you for your advice but it did not help me in solving the problem.

The problem remained the same it getts stuck at the 16th or 15th Phase of "Creatind DB Schema". I am using the Administrator user to do this installation. Pots have been checked and there are no entry with the port numbers mentioned by you. File system is NTFS. OS is Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition.

Anymore advices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Das,

What is the database that you are using? Is it Max-DB or something else?

Apart from this please search for more logs on the user/password combination for the SAP<SID> schema user .

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

I am using the defailt installation which means that Max-DB is getting installed. Secondly i am using a fresh formatted system. i am using a password with the combination of "special charaters, upper case, lower case and numbers" all four.

I am just providing the password in the first screen which is the master password and i think according to the document if we do not change the passwords it is the mater password my default.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek -

Not sure if this will be the solution but make sure that the <SID>ADM & SAP<SID>Service are members of the database administrator group. So go to 'Manage' > 'Local User & Groups'. I don't know what it would look like for MaxDB but for Oracle the group is: ORA_DBA. These security parms can really mess with the database install. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thx,

T$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem.

The solution was to DO not use the special character @ inside the password.

Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

David..Thats simply superb...You really saved a lot of time for me and solved the problem i had for 2 days....

your suugestion worked for me..

I too faced with the same problem while installing in XP. Actually the reason behind the issue is unimmaginable. I had used a special character '@' in my master password during installation. First i tried abcd1234 as my master password it wouldnt go with the password policy of my system so i changed it to Abcd@123$. so it got stuck during the create database schema step (step 15) and we had no clue of what could be the reason. Luckyly i got to know from sdn that '@' could be the problem. so If in case you face any such issue in future please make sure that there are no special characters in ur master password, atleast not the '@' symbol..

MVS...Acknowledge if it helps..and let us know how u solved it and mark if answered. pls. do contribute pints to David because i wont be able to do so.

Thanks

Md. Yusuf