cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during Homogeneous system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

i have issue encounter error during Homogeneous system copy in new Hardware.

below is the Procedure which i have done:

1. Export source database using SAPINST

2. detache database of source system

3. moved data and log files to Target system.

4. Installed J2sdk

5. Installed SQL server 2005

6. Installed latest SQL patch

7. attach database to Target system

7. Import in target system using SAPINST.

During import i have following encounter in phase MSS SQL Server-> database information. i have choosed the exiting database.

User Tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database BDV.

Youcan only install an SAP System in a database with no user objects belonging to the system schema dbo.

if there alreasdy exsits an SAO system in the database (MCOD). or you install a Java Add-in ,

you might have to convert the existing system to its own schema , or contact your SAP support.

system environment: BI system ( SAP netweaver 2004s), Windows 2003, MS SQL 2005.

Please advise the Solution.

Thanks

Anilsai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anilsai,

We just ran into the same issue, our workaround was to choose the option, create new database. It didn't actually create a new database, but used the old one?? We didn't understand why we couldn't choose the option of using the existing one ... but it worked.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPINST expects only tables in schema 'bdv'. Obviously you have user tables in schema 'dbo'. Run this statement to find out what tables SAPINST has a problem with:

use BDV
go
select * from sys.tables where schema_id = schema_id('dbo')

And then you have to decide what to do with them. Most likely you will have to to delete or export them.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven is correct.

We have run into this issue in the past, and our conclusion was to drop the particular tables.

Look at the tables in the dbo schema and make an informed decision about what to do with them: either drop them or move them to another schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Sven soltuion is very helpful. issue resolved.

Regrards

Anilsai