cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Webdynpro ADOBE interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem when reading attachments from online adobe interactive form in Webdynpro ABAP.

I have tried two options:

Option1:

• Get FP reference.

l_fp = cl_fp=>get_reference( ).

try.

• Create PDF Object.

l_pdfobj = l_fp->create_pdf_object( connection = 'ADS' ).

• Set document.

l_pdfobj->set_document( pdfdata = lv_pdf ).

• Set task to get attachments.

l_pdfobj->set_task_getattachments( ).

• Execute, call ADS.

l_pdfobj->execute( ).

• Get result.

l_attachments = l_pdfobj->get_attachments( ).

CATCH cx_fp_runtime_system INTO exc.

xslt_message = exc->get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

option 2: in wdomodify method

DATA l_ifba TYPE REF TO cl_wd_interactive_form.

l_ifba ?= view->get_element( 'IF_001' ).

DATA l_form_method_handler TYPE REF TO IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.

l_form_method_handler ?= l_ifba->_method_handler.

DATA l_attachments TYPE tfpattachments.

l_attachments = l_form_method_handler->get_attachments( ).

Both options are not getting the attachments.

Our SAP Netweaver version is 7 and ehp 4, ADS configured.

If i save the pdf with attachments locally and then use the UI upload and read the attachments it works. But not when the interactive form is online and when i add attachments to it and click submit(where submit code is the option 1 code), it is not finding any attachments. I wonder whether pdfsource context stores the attachments or not.

When i check the note, SAP say that attachments are supported from ehp2.

What is that i am missing? Any direction would be good.

In worst case i will do webdynpro screens for attachments maintenance, wanted to check with all experts before taking this option.

Please someone answer.

Thanks

Anu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>When i check the note, SAP say that attachments are supported from ehp2.

That is correct. Attachments are supported as of NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.

>Our SAP Netweaver version is 7 and ehp 4, ADS configured.

Not possible. NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 4 doesn't even exist yet. In fact 7.0 Enhancement Package 2 won't start ramp-up until December 20th. I think you are confusing your ERP Enhancement Package level with your NetWeaver Enhancement Package level. I'm guessing that it is much more likely that you are on ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4. This level of ERP actually runs on NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas. I will check again with Basis regarding versions and come back to you.

I just wonder why i see that handler getattachments method, if it is not supported in our version.

IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL->get_attachments( ). Anyways will get back to you soon.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> just wonder why i see that handler getattachments method, if it is not supported in our version.

The input handling for offline forms and online interactive forms are a bit different. For instance in online interactive forms you can't currently added new context elements on the client side. This limitation is also removed in 7.02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas, You were absolutely right...ours is ERP 6. EHP 4. So netweaver 7 and EHP1.

So bottom line is i need to do my own screens (to add attachments and to display the attachments right) until we get EHP2.

How is ISR framework handling the attachments(in online interactive form) in our version?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I really can't say how ISR does this. Just that ISR doesn't use Web Dynpro and this particular limiation has more to do with the Web Dynpro interface to forms than the form itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think ISR is developed in Webdynpro ABAP. app name is QISR_UI. That's why i was wondering as it is also webdynpro interaface to form.

Answers (0)