Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step-by-Step solution loading inventory cube 0IC_C03

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

At next weekend, 2010-12-12 I have to load all data for 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM.

Its our first load so we don't have data in BI for application 03 now.

Our productiv system is only locked for 5 hours so I need to decrease the time while all users and

jobs are locked.

Here is my step by step solution, does this work???

I also have to say that the period from Nov. 2010 and history are closed. I mean nobody is able to

book a material-movement to a past period.

1. clear setup tables for application 03 (lbwg)

2. clear queue MCEX03 in LBWQ

3. clear RSA7

-- During System is locked ---

4. T-Code MCNB to set - up stocks. DataSource 2LIS_03_BX, all materials including non-valuated stock

5. T-Code OLI1BW for Material Movements with time restriction 2010-12-01 - 2010-12-12

6. T-Code OLIZBW for Revaluations with time restriction 2010-12.01 - 2010.12-12

7. From BW load initialisation for 2LIS_03_BX to set the initial stock. Compress this load with a marker update

8. Run an initialisation without data transfer from BW for DataSource 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM

--- Now all User and Jobs can be unlocked ---

9. T-Code OLI1BW for Material Movements with time restriction 2009-01-01 - 2010-11-30

10. T-Code OLIZBW for Revaluations with time restriction 2009-01-01 - 2010-11-30

11. Load the historical data as full updates for 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM into the cube. Compress these two loads without a marker update.

Is this correct?

An additional Question.

What a about Materialmovements in the future? Concerning Steps 5 and 6, do I have to restrict the time from 2010-12-01 to 2999-12-31 ???

Thanks a lot for your Answer

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

Please, I need answer on my Questions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pascal,

These steps (mentioned by you) are followed when first time you are loading data in 0IC_C03. Once this is done the data is loaded in this cube from 0LIS_03_BF and 0LIS_03_UM (not from 0LIS_03_BX) at regular intervals through delta loads as per user setting. these delta loads are also compressed at regular interval with marker update.

If you are loading data for first time and you want to load all historical movements you need not to give any time restriction.

thanks and regards.

Edited by: a_sm_123 on Dec 13, 2010 6:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marker Update is used to reduce the time of fetching the non-cumulative key figures while reporting. It helps to easily get the values of previous stock quantities while reporting. The marker is a point in time which marks an opening stock balance. Data up to the marker is compressed.

The No Marker Update concept arises if the target InfoCube contains a non-cumulative key figure. For example, take the Material Movements InfoCube 0IC_C03 where stock quantity is a non-cumulative key figure. The process of loading the data into the cube involves in two steps:

1) In the first step, one should load the records pertaining to the opening stock balance/or the stock present at the time of implementation. At this time we will set marker to update (uncheck 'no marker update') so that the value of current stock quantity is stored in the marker. After that, when loading the historical movements (stock movements made previous to the time of implementing the cube) we must check marker update so that the marker should not be updated (because of these historical movements, only the stock balance / opening stock quantity has been updated; i.e. we have already loaded the present stock and the aggreagation of previous/historical data accumulates to the present data).

2) After every successful delta load, we should not check marker update (we should allow to update marker) so that the changes in the stock quantity should be updated in the marker value. The marker will be updated to those records which are compressed. The marker will not be updated to those uncompressed requests. Hence for every delta load request, the request should be compressed.

Compress the request with stock marker => uncheck the marker update option.

Compress the loads without the stock maker => check the marker update option.

Please note

1) The marker isn't relevant when no data is transferred (e.g. during an delta init without data transfer).

2) The marker update is just like a check point (it will give the snapshot of the stock on a particular date when it is updated).

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thanks for your answer..

I'm familiar with the steps loading the data from SAP to BI regarding Marker updates.

But my question was if my above mentioned steps to load the BF und UM Data works like that..???

best regards

pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

follow the link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/906b837a-0d54-2c10-08b8-bde703375...

Edited by: Ram Mohan Ramaraj on Dec 9, 2010 8:45 AM