CR4VS2010 - BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll, cannot be loaded

Hi there,

I am trying to use the Production Release of CR4VS2010 as found here:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Production Release Now Available

Whenever I try to run a report I get the following exception:

Load report failed.

Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

If I try to use the Database Expert or Set the Database Location for a report VS2010 simply hangs.

If I look in the event log, I see a Crystal Reports error:

The description for Event ID ( 4353 ) in Source ( Crystal Reports ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The keycode assembly, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll, cannot be loaded.

If I perform Code Analysis on my solution, I get this warning:

Warning 4 CA0060 : The indirectly-referenced assembly 'BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' could not be found. This assembly is not required for analysis, however, analysis results could be incomplete. This assembly was referenced by: C:Program FilesSAP BusinessObjectsCrystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0CommonSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0win32_x86dotnetCrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll.

My environment is:

Windows XP SP3

VS2010 Ultimate

I have other versions of CR installed

I am targetting Framework 3.5 SP1 (Full)

I have seen similar errors published with the Beta version and no real solution to them.

I have to have side by side versions of VS and CR together.

I am developing internal apps which will be deployed on servers where there will be side by side versions of VS

Can anyone help please???

Helpful Answer