cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection date : outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not sure what is the 'Selection Date' of the outbound delivery.

Please could you clarify for me. Is it the date outbound delivery is created?

What is there to 'select'?

regards

John

Edited by: johntivoli on Dec 8, 2010 3:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor

Hi ,

All the orders which is relevant for delivery & have confirmed delivery date is eligible to create delivery.

while creating delivery, system checks whether on particular date.

here you can enter any date in selection criteria which should be on or after Material Available date (MAD) in schedule line category of the respective sales order.

In Brief, Selection date implies when the goods are available or ready for dispatch.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin,

Do you mean the selection date is either the MAD or the Transportation planning date whichever is the earlier?

Thanks points awarded!

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selection date could be on or after MAD date.

could be earlier than Transportation date, but it should not be earlier than MAD .

Think operation point of view. Business cant issue goods until unless material is available. But transporation planning date can be adjusted afterwards based on Route & other factors.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly go to VA02-> Enter Your Sales Order Number-> Double Click On Line item-> Check the Tab Schedule Lines.

If in this tab, you will find the line item present for the respective date with Quantity Confirmed.

Then after entering sales order number & respective Shipping Point at VL01n input screen for the Selection date. System will allow you to create The out bound delivery.

Thank You,

RB.

Edited by: RB@007 on Dec 13, 2010 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

at VL01n,

Selection Date: This date is for checking whether any schedule line is available from a respective sales order.

Schedule Line signifies the quantity needs to be deliver on the respective date.

Thank You,

RB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry RB, I could not understand your reply.