cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating one large spool instead of individual spools per document in a Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My requirement is to create multiple RDIs into one spool let us say 250 documents per one spool. Suppose we are processing 30K documents and we say create 30 jobs and if the documents are equally distributed among the 30 jobs then each job processes 1,000 documents. So my requirement is to create 4 spools(250 documents per spool) per Job. This is a bit challPlease let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the SAP notes about this:

85318 - Appending documents to existing spool requests

16410 - Attaching to existing spool requests

For spools to be appended the parameters 'New spool request' and 'Do not Append Print Jobs' must be set to 'No'.

For Smartforms when the application print program calls the function module of the Smartform, there is the structure OUTPUT_OPTIONS, by which you can set the output parameters of the Smartform. If the oparameters OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDNEWID, and OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDFINAL are not filled, then the spools will be appended.

For Sapscript, when the application calls the function module OPEN_FORM in the print program, you can transfer a structure ITCPO to the parameter OPTIONS. Via parameters ITCPO-TDNEWID and ITCPO-TDFINAL you can decide whether or not to append future spools. If they are not filled, then future spools are appended if they meet the conditions in SAP notes 85318 and 16410.

Regards,

Aidan