Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certificate error using https in sicf

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an webdynpro application. In SICF for the service of that application in the error pages tab-> configuration the Protocol is Logon via HTTPS.

So when I test the service it gives me Certificate error when I click on Continue this Website everything is fine.

But the problem is that this error should not be there.

I want to know wether this error is in the Internet explorer / Mozilla side or there is any configuration in SAP side.

Do we have to maintain the certificates?

If yes please let me know how and where to do it.

Kindly suggest solution

Regards,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This isn't really related to Web Dynpro. Your Basis team probably used Self Signed Certificates, hence the browser warning that they weren't signed by a trusted root authority. You would need to get an external signed certificate and add it to your ABAP system. Certificates can be maintained in transaction STRUSTSSO2.

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

How can we get the externally signed certificates.

Regards,

Bharat.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>How can we get the externally signed certificates.

You need to talk to someone inside your company to see what their procedure is for this. Many companies have internal signing servers. They add their internal server to the root certificate of their custom browser configuration. This way they can sign internally for their network.

Other companies don't want to mess with an signing server and instead pay for external certificates. There are many companies that will provide this service, for a fee - SAP included.

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...