cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach ADOBE form to transaction code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a solution to be implemented wherein I need to attach an offline Interactive Abobe form to a transaction code.

The scenario is the end user has access to this custom transaction code which when he executes should open the form for him. He would then fill in the contents and submit it which would trigger an custom workflow process.

We do not wish to use WebDynpro application and hence would appreciate if any useful information is provided.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavita D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if that is what you want, but what I would do:

1) create a transaction code

2) create a printing program (trivial), set printing settings to immediate preview

3) create an interface and adobe form layout

4) link the transaction and the program together, now when a person runs the transaction, the printing proram gets triggered and as an output it provides a blank (or pre-filled) adobe form

5) now you have the UI ready but miss the way how to trigger the WF from the form

6) to get 5) you need to create a web service and connect the webservice with your adobe form, there are plenty resources on how to do this

7) you should be able to trigger the workflow through a simple adobe form protected as a custom transaction

Hope that suits your needs,

cheers Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

You can use SAP Generic Object Services (GOS) to attach any documents to custom programs.

Please check the link below.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0e6b0d95-0a01-0010-4696-ca0a48de5fb3?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

When you say a offline interactive form, the form submit event cannot talk to SAP to trigger the workflow process.

But if you have a web service hosted in your SAP system which would internally execute the workflow you can use it in the adobe form.

Hope this helps you to get started...

Cheers,

Sai