cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM installation on win32

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

as per the installation guide we should use 64 bit operating system but is it possible that i can use 32 bit operating system and still use MDM with some limited functionality.

Thanks and Regards

Praful Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praful,

MDM 7.1 Servers are not supported on 32-bit operating systems. Please see PAM for SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 for more detail.

MDM rich UI client applications will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows providing the same functionality.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Simon,

I got your point but also while downloading the patches for MDM 7.1 installaiton i am getting error. i have downloaded the SAP Download Manager and added all the 5 patches in the basket still download manager gives me error.

The basket content could not be read. The following exception occured :

unable to read data from SAP Service Marketplace : Check your setting and try again.

I have already checked and entered the correct address and username and password.

Can you please suggest me something ?

Thanks and Regards

Praful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could happen for a number of reasons. If you work in an organization that requires approval for downloading items then perhaps you need to have the appropriate approval process in service marketplace before you can download that item.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if the MDM 7.1 server is supported on the 32-bit platform. The last time I saw any customers using 32-bit Windows was on MDM 5.5. Neverless, if SAP does in fact provide a download for the 32-bit server the biggest problem will be with memory, as 32-bit servers have a severe restriction on memory which can cause performance issues with MDM.