Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Storage location wise Reorder point planning

Dear All,

I have one requirement was one plant will have multiple storage loctions.

But they need reorder point planning for every storage locations.

So pls tell me how to maintain the each plant reorder point, max stock,safety stock etc.. Is there is any way to achieve this one.

If yes tell me how to run the MRP run for the Particular storage location.

Since i am MM Consultant i dontknow how to achieve this scenario..

If anyone come across these kind of screnario let me know...

Former Member
replied

Dear ,

So pls tell me how to maintain the each plant reorder point, max stock,safety stock etc.. Is there is any way to achieve this one

All this parametres should maintained in MRP1-MRP4 view as available at material master level which must be maintained in that plant and storage location .As far as Re-order point is concern , you need either mainatain Manula Pre-determined re-order qty in MRP1 view at Re-order point filed and need to maintain MRP Type as V1 .Or you can ask system to calcualte the ROP automatically based on Forceasting view parametres at MMR and MRP type VV .

However , Max and MIni Stock has be mainatined as per your business requirement in MMR-MRP1 view .

Refer my esarlier posting : Consumption based Planning vs MRP

Forecast based planning

Automatic Reorder Point Planning

Running MRP at Storage loaction level :

If you have several storage location for your plant, you cannot plan for them separately unless you assign them to a separate MRP area.If a storage location (alone) is assigned to an MRP area, it means you wan to plan for it separately. If several storage locations are assigned to an MRP area (or let's say to a plant), it means you want to plan using all of them - and you cannot choose only one and plan for it (you can exclude a SLoc from planning w/o assigning it to MRP area).So, planning is not SLoc wise, it goes MRP area wise.

Or you can check T code MMSC for material and SLoc combination. also check T code OMIR for MRP indicator for Sloc, as per following indicator from one of these.

Storage location stock also planned at plant level

1 Storage location stock excluded from MRP

2 Storage location stock planned separately

You need to do settings both from MMSC and OMIR as per your requirement so that you can inclide certain storage loaction under MRP as per your requirement .

Hope it helps

Regards

JH

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question