cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location wise Reorder point planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one requirement was one plant will have multiple storage loctions.

But they need reorder point planning for every storage locations.

So pls tell me how to maintain the each plant reorder point, max stock,safety stock etc.. Is there is any way to achieve this one.

If yes tell me how to run the MRP run for the Particular storage location.

Since i am MM Consultant i dontknow how to achieve this scenario..

If anyone come across these kind of screnario let me know...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor

Dear ,

So pls tell me how to maintain the each plant reorder point, max stock,safety stock etc.. Is there is any way to achieve this one

All this parametres should maintained in MRP1-MRP4 view as available at material master level which must be maintained in that plant and storage location .As far as Re-order point is concern , you need either mainatain Manula Pre-determined re-order qty in MRP1 view at Re-order point filed and need to maintain MRP Type as V1 .Or you can ask system to calcualte the ROP automatically based on Forceasting view parametres at MMR and MRP type VV .

However , Max and MIni Stock has be mainatined as per your business requirement in MMR-MRP1 view .

Refer my esarlier posting :

Running MRP at Storage loaction level :

If you have several storage location for your plant, you cannot plan for them separately unless you assign them to a separate MRP area.If a storage location (alone) is assigned to an MRP area, it means you wan to plan for it separately. If several storage locations are assigned to an MRP area (or let's say to a plant), it means you want to plan using all of them - and you cannot choose only one and plan for it (you can exclude a SLoc from planning w/o assigning it to MRP area).So, planning is not SLoc wise, it goes MRP area wise.

Or you can check T code MMSC for material and SLoc combination. also check T code OMIR for MRP indicator for Sloc, as per following indicator from one of these.

Storage location stock also planned at plant level

1 Storage location stock excluded from MRP

2 Storage location stock planned separately

You need to do settings both from MMSC and OMIR as per your requirement so that you can inclide certain storage loaction under MRP as per your requirement .

Hope it helps

Regards

JH

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can Create MRP AREA ( with Storage location Type)

Assign the required storage locations to this MRP AREA

( For Creating MRP AREA, GO TO

>>IMG>>PRODUCTION>>MRP>>MASTER DATA>>MRP AREAS>>DEFINE MRP AREAS)

Then you run the MRP, (MD02)

Material : xxxxx

MRP AREA : XXXX ( Newly created MRP AREA with storage location type)

Plant : xxxx

Your requirements are generated against that storage location.

Hope this may help you.

Regards

BRSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for all your replies..

I have created a MRP area for particular storage location. Its working fi ne.

NOw i wanted to activate the automatic reorder point for the MRP area.

Could you pls tell me step by step

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have created a MRP area for particular storage location. Its working fine.

Dear,

Can you explain what is working fine? and what changes are required now?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrp Area with manual reorder point its working fine.

NOw client is asking the automatic reorder point with MRP Area. How to activate the automatic reorder point?

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Automatic Re-Order point will work if you use MRP type VM and maintain Forecasting View of the material master which are in the MRP area .

Automatic Re-order point will be getting calcuated based on the Forecasting and MRP Type-VM where Re-Order point and Sfety Stock is activated ( Check in SPRO-Check MRP Type in MRP) .

Just to test the same IN SAND BOX . Create a material under that MRP area with Forecasting View ( Model Selection -J , It should propoer total consumption in consumtin tab , Keep no of History Periods , Period per season if u choose seasonal model , Forecast periods , all the Optimisation parameters in MM02-Forecasting view ) .Then Goto MM02-Forecasting View -Excute Forecast -SAVE.Makes sure that you have kept Service Level percentage 80%-90% as per your buniesss in MRP2 view and do not keep any ROP Qty or Safety Stock in MMR.

Try and check

Regards

JH

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MRP 4 view after selecting storage location ion initial screen

Storage location MRP screen will appear

in that

s.loc indicator set indicator 2 storage location stock planned separately

and maintain Reorder point

and maintain replenishment qty

do the same setting for other storage location also

If stock falls below the reorder point in storage location , system proposes PR for the replenishment qty