cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro + Adobe Interactive Form + Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please provide me the useful solutions for the below mentioned issues.

I created a Webdynpro with one view .Kept the adobe interactive form on the view by binding the structure with all my fields to the data source. And one webservice is linked to this form by keeping one submit button on the form. Iam sending the entire data filled on the form to the webservice as importing structure which is binded to the DATA SOURCE of the View in the Webdynpro. Now my questions are,

1.Among these fields,i have a list box (can select multiple values from the list). Iam pasing the values to this list box from the Webdynpro with out changing the TYPE of field in the structure. But all the selected values of list box should be available in the web service. how is it possile?. The importing structure contains the TYPE of that field as a data element and not a TABLE TYPE.

2. How to make the borders of the field in red color in run time. (like it comes for mandatory fields initially).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

1) There are multiple ways to get this done. You can concatenate the selected items with some special charecter using javascript and assign to a hidden field. Then map this hidden field to the web service parameter. From R/3 you can seperate the concatenated values to get the selected values in the list.

2) To set the field border color at runtime, follow these steps.

• Select the field

• Go to Object Pallete -> Border -> Edges

• Select 'Edit Together'

• Select 'Solid' from the next dropdown

• Go to Javascript editor and select the corresponding event

Enter the code - InputField.borderColor = "254,30,18";

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanoosh,

Thanks for ur inputs.

But now, my doubt is "How to know the list of values selected in the list box to concatenate using scripting in th Adobe form it self? "

And also, regarding border color. The suggested logic is not changing the color of the border of the field. Instead it is giving additional border in specified color. But, Is it not possible to change the actual border color instead of adding additional borders with other color ?.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But now, my doubt is "How to know the list of values selected in the list box to concatenate using scripting in th Adobe form it self? "

For list box which is multiselect, when you say this.rawValue you get a arraylist, i believe separated by "\n" which mean newline on the form and separated by # when it reaches to SAP.

And also, regarding border color. The suggested logic is not changing the color of the border of the field. Instead it is giving additional border in specified color. But, Is it not possible to change the actual border color instead of adding additional borders with other color 

You feel like aditional border because the field is an input type which has emboss effect to look, you can change the appearance of the file from palletes/windos>object>field-->appearance dropdown, just say it to none and alter the type field in Value tab from user entered optional to readonly you will see the difference.

Let me know if this suffice you.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You don't have to do separate coding in javascript to concatenate the selected values of the listbox. Just map the listbox rawValue to web service request parameter. In R/3 you will get all the selected values separated with '#'.

For border, remove the sunken box appearance from the object pallete and try the following javascript code.

inputField.border.edge.thickness = "0.025in";;

inputField.borderColor = "255,0,0";

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Its always better to have one TableType parameter in WebService to pass the table values instead of concatenating and sending it to R/3.

As suggested, try that border option also.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to make the borders of the field in red color in run time. (like it comes for mandatory fields initially).

It's a simple JS code and you can easily find it using Search as this has been answered here earlier.