cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to FTP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the scenario SOAP to FTP for transferring the soap attachment to ftp server.

the actual message is from four txt files and zipped into one .zip file.

the requirement now is to keep the zip file as attachment in SOAP message and transfer it to ftp server.

we don't involve any mapping in this interface.

here have two questions

1. when we use sender SOAP adapter, does it mean PI must create a web service through which other system could send soap message?

2. How to just transfer the attachment in SOAP message to ftp server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. when we use sender SOAP adapter, does it mean PI must create a web service through which other system could send soap message?

Yes

> 2. How to just transfer the attachment in SOAP message to ftp server?

In soap adpater check the option of keep attachments and use payload swap bean to help you out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

i have one more question here, the web service is specific to interface, by this , i mean to say, for different interfaces, difference web services should be created?

or, there is only one web service in PI server for processing all the inbound soap messages?

because as i know, when we use the "display wsdl" tool in ID, it is just for creating on wsdl file, not creating the web service itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one web service for one interface.

To generate Webservice you need to go to integration directory->tools?define webservice> fill up all the information and finish.

You will get the wsdl there.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

but i can only fine "Display WSDL" in Tools menu. My PI version is 7.1

besides, i would like to ask, after i run this "Display WSDL" tool,is the corresponding Web Service created on PI server?

Or i have to do some extra work to setup a web service?

from this "display WSDL" tool, i could see the description is "This wizard enables you to create Web service documents (WSDL)".

Edited by: Aditya Mutyala on Dec 10, 2010 10:26 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
besides, i would like to ask, after i run this "Display WSDL" tool,is the corresponding Web Service created on PI server?

Nothing is created on PI server by the Display WSDL wizard. It will only create a WSDL file which you can share with the sending system as a Web-Service.

You can even create a WS out of your Sender Agreement.

Or i have to do some extra work to setup a web service?

Nothing extra is required.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

does this mean, there is no WebService running on PI server, this will always be running on the sending system?

and the WSDL file generated by PI will be used by the sending system to create an web service?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
there is no WebService running on PI server, this will always be running on the sending system?

We do not have a WS specificallly running on the PI server.....we just create the WSDL file and send it to the source system.

If you want to store the PI web-services in a central repository, then you can make use of the Services registry which is available from SAP PI7.1

the WSDL file generated by PI will be used by the sending system to create an web service?

The sending system will treat this WSDL file as a web-service. The WSDL file that you generate in PI has the message structure and also a URL (at the end of the WSDL) file. Using these two details the sender systems knows what should be the message structure and to which address (URL) should the message be sent.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Whenever Web service comes into picture, Always try to relate it using client server model,

In case of sender soap adapter in PI, Your sender system acts as Web service client, which is trying to consume Web service ,hosted on PI server.

In case of receiver soap adapter in PI, PI acts as Web service client, which is trying to consume Web service hosted on any third party(receiver) system.

You can wrap/expose any inbound service interface in PI, as SOAP Web service provider (server).

You can consider inbound service interface as a class which operations (methods), you are exposing as Web service operations by means of wsdl.

Also you can use any outbound service interface in PI, as SOAP Web service consumer (client).

You can consider outbound service interface as an implementation class which is implementing required operations (method), provided by receiver system by means of wsdl.