cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NameReservation Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we face a problem in NWDS creating new Web Dynpro DCs. We created a new Product and SC in the SLD of NWDI, synched SLD and NWDI and moved the new SC into our Development track in the CMS. When updating my NWDS i can now see the new SC and start the wizard for craeting a Web Dynpro DC, this wizard stops at the final step and does not open the Web Dynpro Development perspective. When I check the DCs I see that there is a new Java-DC created and not a Web Dynpro DC. On antohert System I receive Message "Name Reservation Failure" and also a Java DC is created not a Web Dynpro DC.

We have SAP NW 7.0 SP 22 on all involved systems.

Any ideas?

Thanks

M. Leinemann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Berater IMGBerater,

Please go through the following thread. If your problem is similar then it may help you.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas, Arun,

I checked the Name Prefixes and they are correct, when I create a DC in an older SC in same track everything works fine. The prefix ist like this <company>.com/smth.

It seems to be an issue on the definition of the SC, but where do I refer to a name-space or server on SC-level?

BR

Magnus Leinemann

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

Please try to update the CMS in Landscape configurator using "Update CMS" button once you created name reservatiion and prefix in SLD.

Regards, Arun Jaiswal

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello M. Leinemann

Please refer to http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70/helpdata/EN/2f/a72f41b239a831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm for setting Name Reservation Service in SLD.

Hope it will helps

Regards, Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you configure the name prefix correctly? Bear in mind that the name prefix should be: <name>.com/<path> where <path> is usually "home".

To check this go to the SLD WebUI and then Name Reservation. On the "Name Category" drop down list choose "Development Component Name". There you should see name prefixes of your system.

Check this before start an analysis more detailed of the issue.

Regards,

Jonas Cella